MAG Is John Orozco adopted??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
Thanks Dunno. Once again Dunno knows all! I like him he seems like a great kid, smart, hardworking, confident and then that babyface.

yes. ^^^^^^ and he is a great kid. what you see is genuine.:) and i think i recall that there are 1 or 2 other siblings that might me be adopted also. John is the youngest of 5 children and his parents are Puerto Rican. 3 of his brothers coach gymnastics back in New York. i think i also recall that he started gymnastics with Wendy Hilliard who is a former rhythmic gymnast back in the 80's. don't hold it over my head if i'm wrong about that though cause i'm getting old...:)

yes. ^^^^^^ and he is a great kid. what you see is genuine.:) and i think i recall that there are 1 or 2 other siblings that might me be adopted also. John is the youngest of 5 children and his parents are Puerto Rican. 3 of his brothers coach gymnastics back in New York. i think i also recall that he started gymnastics with Wendy Hilliard who is a former rhythmic gymnast back in the 80's. don't hold it over my head if i'm wrong about that though cause i'm getting old...:)

Oh, I believe he is great and his mother seems great too, very devoted to her son despite hardships in their life. However, the only information the family and John seem to have shared with the media is that they (including John) identify as Puerto Rican. There has been a lot of speculation about whether or not he's adopted on gymnastics gossip type sites, and I just want to make sure we aren't speculating/sharing information that the family hasn't put out for public consumption. I don't think there's any problem with adoption, open or not, but I respect the family's decision to share or not share what they choose. And I'm actually still not sure there is an adoption here since I can't find anywhere that the family confirmed it.

Of course, it doesn't really matter - he is clearly a member of a close-knit, devoted family regardless of how that family came to be.

Oh - and I believe the other information is correct/consistent with what I know. :)

Also no disrespect to anyone and if they do talk about it I'd genuinely like to see an example - I always like to see examples of open, happy families formed by adoption. And support for adoption in general. But some families have reasons to keep things more discreet, especially if there are complicated or abusive circumstances surrounding the child's birth and family of origin.

well, i hope i haven't spoken out of turn and not confused.:)

well, i hope i haven't spoken out of turn and not confused.:)

I'm sure if it's something they've told people about, then it's fine...I assume you wouldn't bring it up if it was just whispered rumors or some secret from John himself. Just curious if they have spoken anywhere that it can be confirmed. Also it just raises my hackles a bit when I see discussions here and then google it and the notorious gymnastics gossip spots come up.

Dunno, gald to hear that he is that he as genuine as he appears. I also read that his sponsor (chobiani youghert) suprised John's parents with tickets to London. So both Danell and John will have thier familys at the Olympics. I hope the other families can make it too.

yes. and i only posted because i know what Gymdog was talking about being all different stories, untruths and inaccuracies posted in the internet world and only felt compelled to set it straight as John is not here (yet) to do it himself.:)

John Orzoco and whether or not he is adopted

His parents look Puerto Rican I guess, but they are very light. However, John looks so dark, is he adopted?

There are many other possibilities:
In genetics human skin color is part of "incomplete dominance" like paint mixtures of red and white= pink. Incomplete means that there are variations when mixing the two which is not consistent.

John Orozco has a skin pigment of 29-36, which is also influenced by his environment (exposure to the sun).
Possibilities:
1. Mother or father could have Africa-American genes, in their ancestry.
2. Either parent was previously married to someone who is African-American.

I am not convinced that John is adopted yet, because there has been no evidence. I feel that items 1 or 2, is more likely.

In Punnett Square it would read like this: Mother carried Black gene, Father doesn't:
XBXb + Father XY = XBX, XBY, XbX, XbY
Means that (2) children would have very dark pigment, and (2) would have lighter pigment.

I know this is an old post but it is relevant to anyone interested in the topic.

From John Orozco's facebook page today

"In my book the REAL parents are the ones who raise, love, & care for you. Simply birthing a child does't make you their REAL parent. The people who love you & will always be there for you are your REAL family."

I know this is an old post but it is relevant to anyone interested in the topic.

From John Orozco's facebook page today

"In my book the REAL parents are the ones who raise, love, & care for you. Simply birthing a child does't make you their REAL parent. The people who love you & will always be there for you are your REAL family."

i guess this trumps Punnet Square...:)

thank you. but now i feel kinda bad for posting up something that i thought everyone knew. next time a bit more discretion on my part will be in order.:)

Having friends with adopted children, I appreciated what he wrote. I think lots of people knew, but its like talking about a woman 8 months pregnant. Its never acknowledged until the person publically acknowledges it no matter how many people knew. I'm sure he talked about it in gym circles but he never found it necessary to share with the public.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back