MAG Yet another weekend :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
So, who is competing this weekend? We have a meet in town this weekend. no travel, and family/teachers get to come :) D is excited :)

We don't have another meet for 2 more weeks, which is good because ds is sick again :( But our gym is hosting an optional girls meet tomorrow, so I'll be working at that. Nothing like setting up and tearing down a meet 2 weekends in a row!
Good luck to D at his meet this weekend!

My older DD competes tomorrow. Sunday my younger DD and my DS both have meets. At the same time. About 30 minutes apart. They had the same thing happen last weekend. Luckily this is our last weekend of DS competing on the same weekend as the girls.

My older dd has her first level 5 meet this weekend. We are also going to watch a session of level 10's, which she is very excited about. Good luck to all those competing this weekend!

My older DD competes tomorrow. Sunday my younger DD and my DS both have meets. At the same time. About 30 minutes apart. They had the same thing happen last weekend. Luckily this is our last weekend of DS competing on the same weekend as the girls.

Ugh! Sounds awful! Good luck and much strength to you! I am managing two gymnasts and a soccer player, but I think three gymnasts would do me in.

Good luck to D and all the other competitors this weekend. DS competes again in two weeks. DD is supposed to compete today, but I think she probably won't, as she too has been sick. At least this time we know it's just a mild stomach virus that hangs on uncharacteristically long and NOT appendicitis, which was what I was thinking when the first one got it!

Looking forward to those videos!

3 gymnasts! YIKES! LOL! I cannot imagine. One is more than enough for me :)

Not sure about videos this meet. I am thinking about just sitting back and enjoying things today!

Good luck! I love meets close to home. We are off to a meet next weekend but I can add in an overnight visit to my sister with it so that's a plus. I'm only taking video a few times this year. Too much stress! However I have to try to remember to take some pictures too

I am not so good at the pictures! LOL! But for this meet, I may not do anything!!! Last week, I only taped his high bar routine, and the meet was so fun to just sit and watch everyone. I think we will video again at the end of the month, and pictures next week at the 'fun' meet of the year.

DD has a meet Sunday morning at 8:00 AM. I hate the early morning start times! DS was supposed to compete this weekend but his meet was cancelled. This may be for the best as he is not really ready. He has 2 weeks til his next meet!

No meet for us this weekend, but our home meet is next weekend! We are very excited to not have to travel for a change!

Best meet of the year!!! Finally broke 11 on floor (11.3-highest all year) 10.8 on pommel (highest), 9.0 on rings , 9.3 on vault, 9.4 on high bar(highest so far) and 10.2 on pbars (highest so far). All Around was 60.5 (highest of the year) And....
HE TOOK FIRST!!!

The session was 6-10 and the team awards were top 3 scores on each event from any level. So we really thought they had no shot at placing...but our 4 level 6s placed 4th against teams with all the levels ;) They were so happy.

Best part was talkign to another parent from another team. They were talking about how D always had the same smile on his face, no matter what place his was, or if he even placed. They said they loved how happy he always was with gymnastics. Makes a mommy proud!

Way to go! Those 11's are huge. I'll never forget the look on my J's face when his 11.3 came up on floor last meet- priceless. Great job on the AA - looks like he hit everything.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back