Anyone thinking about going?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

thegymfreak

Gymnast
Is anyone thinking about/ planning to attend this event? I am planning to, but my parents are still on the "I'll think about it" stage:rolleyes:. The event is taking place MAYBE an hour from where I live, and the funny thing is, I happen to be competing at this arena in February! I am so hoping to go, and I missed out on the tour of champions because "Nationals are going to be there next year, and that would be better than the tour". At the time, I did not want to agree with my parents at the time, but now I think Nationals would be better!

I am seriously considering going. I plan on going up north this summer for a vacation and thought that maybe I would work it in.

We plan to be there - it's 1/2 hour away! We went when it was in Hartford a couple of years ago too...I think the kids will like it even more now.

I wish!! But it would be 12 hours away from me, driving!!!
Just can't afford flying right now either. Oh well.

Can't wait for 2015, in Indianapolis, much more doable!!

I'd love to be able to go to Congress as I'm hoping to take the compulsory judging exam with the new routines and this would be a great intro, but not sure I can swing it financially. I'm wondering if it would be doable to get a cheaper hotel slightly out of Hartford and drive in each day (since it doesn't look like there is tons of public transportation in the area), but it's totally possible parking fees for that would negate any money saved on the hotel. Hm, off to think about how I can make some money quickly!

I'd love to be able to go to Congress as I'm hoping to take the compulsory judging exam with the new routines and this would be a great intro, but not sure I can swing it financially. I'm wondering if it would be doable to get a cheaper hotel slightly out of Hartford and drive in each day (since it doesn't look like there is tons of public transportation in the area), but it's totally possible parking fees for that would negate any money saved on the hotel. Hm, off to think about how I can make some money quickly!

You're right, there's not much public transportation there. Try checking groupon and livingsocial for hotel deals, you may find something dirt cheap in Hartford. Is there anyone, maybe from a neighboring gym if no one else is going from your gym, that you may be able to share costs with?

You're right, there's not much public transportation there. Try checking groupon and livingsocial for hotel deals, you may find something dirt cheap in Hartford. Is there anyone, maybe from a neighboring gym if no one else is going from your gym, that you may be able to share costs with?
I wish. I'm currently in a town with no gymnastics beyond rec centers and 2 high school teams (no USAG clubs) whilst getting my Masters, just coaching HS gym and trying to stay up to date in the JO world and hoping to become a judge to stay involved until I can move someplace with an active club gym scene.

I have a hotel room reserved also. It's not too bad of a drive for me and I'm looking forward to it as much as my daughter! I noticed that the tickets are are only on sale in a whole session pass right now. Does anyone know if we will be able to buy tickets to the individual sessions when it gets closer?

I have a hotel room reserved also. It's not too bad of a drive for me and I'm looking forward to it as much as my daughter! I noticed that the tickets are are only on sale in a whole session pass right now. Does anyone know if we will be able to buy tickets to the individual sessions when it gets closer?

I thought I saw individual session (or at least individual day) tickets somewhere....didn't buy my tickets yet but still have room :) DD is looking forward to it, and happens to week when team is off b/c coaches are going to Congress.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back