Welcome to ChalkBucket. Thank you for your interest in one of the largest and fastest growing gymnastics communities on the internet.
Although the administrators and moderators of ChalkBucket will attempt to keep all objectionable
messages off this site, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of
the author, the owners of ChalkBucket will not be held responsible for the content of any message.
The Chalk Bucket in a publicly viewable website. All information posted on the site is viewable by anyone in the world that has access to the internet. Please think twice before you post. If you are posting something that you wouldn't want your friends/teammates/coaches/students/parents/children to read, DON'T POST IT!
We encourage you to keep personal information personal. Personal information is "Any piece of information which can potentially be used to uniquely identify, contact, or locate a single person." This includes, but is not limited to: name, address, phone number, and email. If you must give out such information, please do so privately.
Also, please do not ask fellow members to share their personal information with you. If it is something that they feel like doing, they will.
- Membership ChalkBucket is restricted to ages 13 and older.
- All discussion should remain appropriate for anyone. ChalkBucket staff has final say on what is and is not appropriate. Any material that is obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or illegal is NOT appropriate.
- All content must be in English. Please try to use proper grammar, punctuation, and structure when possible. AIM or text messaging shorthand is NOT allowed.
- While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts.
- Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts, or the such. If you would just like to say "Thank You"...use the "Thank You" button.
- Advertising/spamming is not allowed. This includes using the forum email and private message system to spam other members. If you would like to advertise on the site, please see our advertising page.
- Affiliate links are not allowed.
- Copyrighted material cannot be posted without consent of the owner.
- Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
- Each member is allowed one account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
- Each account can only be connected to one person. Sharing accounts is not allowed.
- Whisper campaigns are strictly forbidden.
- 3 lines normal size and up to 90 characters per line.
- Links in signatures are fine as long as you are a contributing member. Links must be to sites with appropriate content.
- Avatars must be appropriate for the site.
- Max avatar size for regular members is 200px by 150px.
- Animated avatars are not allowed.
Although the administrators and moderators of ChalkBucket will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, the owners and moderators of ChalkBucket will NOT be held responsible for the content of any message.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
The owners and moderators of ChalkBucket reserve the right to view, remove, edit, or move any information on the site, at any time, for any reason. Members may request that their profiles be deleted at any time. Profile information will be deleted, however, posts and threads will remain on the site. When mass deletion of threads & posts is requested, ChalkBucket may choose to rename the user and delete their account instead. This will result in a "guest" post that has no profile information and a different username than the original user.
ChalkBucket is not responsible for the opinions and statements of our members, admins, mods, staff, or guests.
ChalkBucket Moderator Guidelines
- Moderating the content in the moderator's forum or group for appropriateness according to the site's registration agreement.
- Moving posts better suited to another forum.
- Editing, locking, or deleting posts with inappropriate content.
- Managing sticky announcements.
- Merging/splitting threads as needed.
- Mods will be highly active community members that are well versed in their area/forum.
- Mods will not threaten any forum member with vulgar comments and/or use of mod powers on the forum or elsewhere.
- Mods cannot play favorites towards another forum member.
- Mods cannot harass a forum member.
- If a major problem occurs with another forum member(s), please contact an Admin.
- Admins are available to help with decisions.
- The “Back Office” forum is available for moderators to post questions about moderating and for support.
Moderators are asked to check in with either with an Admin, or to post in the “Back Office” forum when locking, editing, deleting posts. This is in attempt to cut down on the subjectivity of moderating by having more than one person's input when modifying posts.
Moderator words and actions are visible to the entire community, and they are role models. Remember this when conducting yourselves.