WAG spring floor vs tumbl trak

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

T

twistingmia

How big is the difference between tumbling on the tumbl trak or airtrack compared to spring floor?

I can do Round Offs, Back Handsprings, Back Tucks, Layouts, Whip Backs, Running Front Tuck, and Working on my Fulls but just tumbled on air track, because thats how my rec tumbling class trains!

My skills are clean, I am strong and flexible. Should I go for it on the floor?

Coach said that I might be able to do a RO BH BT and a Running Front Tuck on floor. That are the basics. All of the other take years to master, because a layout is really hard an dangerous on spring floor.

What is your opinion?

There is a BIG difference between an air track and a spring floor. If you were to try any of your skills on the floor, I would say to have a spotter for safety.

Okay don't quote me as knowing anything because I'm a mom not a coach, lol...

The progress my dd usually takes is tumbling track, rod floor, then regular floor routine floor with landing mats, then without mats.

Yeah, my kids can do WAY more difficult stuff on the tumble track then what they can do on the spring floor! (They don't have rod floors at their gym.)

Yeah, my kids can do WAY more difficult stuff on the tumble track then what they can do on the spring floor! (They don't have rod floors at their gym.)

Yes, mine too! She can nicely do many skills on tumbl trak that she wouldn't even think of trying on the floor.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back