Uk grades

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I reckon they'll get nationals out of the way before they start making decisions about any changes for next year... although some people must be talking ideas already.

Info on the changes to the compulsories started trickling out shortly after nationals last year and it wasn't until late summer/autumn that training sessions kicked in.

Patience is always required...

Yes nationals is only a couple of weeks. Did your dd make the compulsory 3 team Flossy for nationals, must be exciting if she did.

Well I think the scrapping of comp 5 is interesting. And I like that range is now included in national grade finals.

I dont think they have scrapped compulsory level 5. The new grades are replacing the old regional grades like grade 14 and the old national grades. All the compulsory levels are still the same

Ok - maybe I read it wrong. I interpreted as such because in the eligibility table the first age with a comp level next to it is min age 9 and comp 4. Comp 5 has been greyed out next to min age 8.

I too thought compulsory levels remained the same, maybe not shown as not all regions compete it? My DD did grade 14 OOA last year and I was hoping she'd jump a grade to 12 but by the looks of it that's the same as the regional grade 4 which has an upstart? As I said I'm pretty clueless so is that what an 'upstart float swing x 2 to stand' is? Or something totally different?

I think compulsory grade 5 is not on the chart because it is set by region and not all regions do it.

Thanks for alerting us Frase! I'd forgotten BG was changing the club grades. Had a quick look and it looks like this new club grade 6 is equivalent to club garde 14. Doesn't seem to be too many changes (for grade 14) after taking a quick glance.
Noticed they have a range and conditioning for regional grades 4,3,2 and 1 (which I'm guessing are replacing grade 12,11,10 and 9?)- bit harsh to have straddle up to handstand in my opinion o_O
Anyone know when these changes are going to be implemented?!

Thanks, interesting. What happens to girls, who currently do regional grades, when they get past regional 1 ? Any ideas?

Hopefully they go onto national grades. I love that all the grades have range. The press handstand is only from straddle stand not from sitting so should be fine in regional grades. The thought of teaching kids to do fouette hop to land in arabesque! ha good luck with that one. lol.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back