Parents Practice Time Poll: JO Women Levels 4-8

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Do your gymmies in Levels 4-8 mainly practice between 3-6 or 6-9 on weekdays?

• The majority of practice hours are between 3-6 PM weekdays.

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • The majority of practice hours are between 6-9 PM weekdays.

Votes: 19 41.3%
  • Its a 50/50 split between these time frames.

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 13.0%

• Total voters
DD, age 7 (1st grade) L3 practices M/Wed/Thurs 4-8 pm. Makes for a bit of a late night with the nearly one hr drive home. Sure am glad they don't go any later than that!

Level 7 (training level 8 for next year) 19.5 hours/week. 4 nights a week 4pm-8pm and Saturdays 3.5 hours.

Compulsories do 4:30pm-7:30pm. 3 nights a week for levels 2/3 and 4 nights a week for 4/5. Xcel does 2 hour workouts 2 or 3 times a week.

L7...practice Monday thru Friday 2:30-5:30 during school year (leaves school early each day). During summer, 9:00-noon Monday thru Friday.

All levels practice between 3.30 and 6.30 (7 on Fridays) - it's just that the number of days increases as you move up. Some groups also practice on Saturday mornings. Kids really can't stay at gym much longer than that - most kids have to be out the door in the morning for school around 7 a.m., so bedtimes are earlier here. As it is we don't get home from gym until almost 7 at night, and there's still dinner, homework and bath to do before bed. There's no way we could train any later than that.

All team kids are done with practice by 8 p.m. and level 8-10 start at 3:30. Level 7 started at 4. 8-10s are 20.5 hr/week (during school year) and 7s are 15 hrs/week (school year)

My daughter isn't on team yet but from what I can see the 4-6 time frame M-Th is for rec/developmental with team kids coming in at 5:30 (excel T/Th, JO M/W). I think Excel practices until 8, not sure about JO (we're there T/Th so we don't typically see them). Then there are no rec classes on Friday and JO practices right after school. Saturday mornings are for rec only, afternoons are for JO.

This year was L3, Tues & Thurs 4-7pm and sat 11-2
She moving up to L4 in May, and will be Mon/Wed/Thur/Fri 3:00-6:00, but in the fall she's hitting middle school that doesn't get out until 3:45, and will have to shift to the 5:10-8:10 schedule on those days. I'm praying for a 4-7pm change for next school year though :)

L4 up go 6-9. pretty flexible on the days with a minimum of 3 days.
usually L4 goes 3 days, L5 goes 4 days etc.

Boys go also L5 and up from 3 days to 5 days depending on the level.

I am very jealous of those of you who are out of the gym by 7:30 or 8pm. My optional DD goes until 9pm and my compulsory goes until 8pm - but since her sister is done at 9, we have to wait for her. We have a 30+ min drive home which means my youngest, age 8, doesn't go to bed until close to 10pm on school nights and the bus comes at 7:10am. This is not good but I'm not sure if there really is a solution. Our L8-L10 are mostly in middle in high school which starts earlier in the morning - it would be nice if their practice began at 3:30 and went to 7:30 and then the younger /compulsory kids who don't practice as long could go for 2.5 - 3 hrs a day for 4 or 5 days (4:30-7:30 or 5-8). As it stands, the compulsory kids start practice at 4pm and the optionals start at 5.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back