What was/is that one skill that came easily to you?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What event was the skill on

• Total voters
1. back walkover on floor, it took me less than an hour to learn
2. back hip circle on bars, I was just casting really high and then I just did it
3. level 4 beam dismount, I thought it was much easier than a cartwheel and a normal handstand on beam

You know, that skill that you thought would be "hard". Could be something simple now that was major before or something really hard now. Just curious.

For me, it was my flyaway. I went from pit bar to actual bar in two weeks with very little spot. I didn't even do timers for it (haha I was scared to xP) so I just went for it when I was supposed to do a timer.

Also just for kicks, please vote what event it was on.
valdez

Floor: back walkover
Beam: stretch jump&tuck jump
Tumble Trak: roundoff bhs

Well I learned a flyaway really quickly but those are bad
Now haha

Circles are my thing

I would say that front handsprings and rbhs back tuck came really quickly on floor. As for beam, full turns and back walkovers. I'm generally not too afraid of much so a lot of times I will just whip things, so I got my front handspring and half-ons on vault within the first day of trying them. I got my flyaway extremely quickly on bars, within two days.

Round off back handsprings and front handsprings. Also back and front walkovers.

This is a hard one for me, most of the basic bar skills I either taught myself or got them the first time I tried. (Pullovers, back hip circle, cast squat on, free hip circle.) Back Walkover I taught myself in the matter of a hour, so thats all I can think of for now.

I got most of the basic bar skills the first times I tried (pullover, back hip circle, etc) and my kip came pretty quickly, after about a month after starting conditioning and practicing them. Front tucks and FHS also came easily.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back