WAG Anyone know if this is true?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I just paid for IGC and then everyone's telling me that my DD won't get to work with Nastia Luikin bc she's only Level 7? Can anyone tell me if that's the truth that's the special coaches only work with high levels? Thank You

I haven't been to IGC in literally 10 years, but when I was there the Olympians worked with everyone! They traveled from group to group. Nastia isn't going to be your daughter's main coach or even one of the assistant coaches in her group but she should get some Nastia time!

I haven't been to IGC in literally 10 years, but when I was there the Olympians worked with everyone! They traveled from group to group. Nastia isn't going to be your daughter's main coach or even one of the assistant coaches in her group but she should get some Nastia time!
Thank you so much!! I was so worried bc we live a long ways away and I thought all that way and money and she won't meet her. Lol. Did u like it?

Yeah, it was a lot of fun! There are a lot of things to do there besides gymnastics and the food is actually pretty decent! I had a great time! I hope your daughter has fun!

She will absolutely get to meet Nastia as all the olympians come around to the different events/levels during the week. How much coaching she actually receives from the Olympian can vary. DD has never been disappointed with the engagement of the athletes but the only one she really received true coaching from was Svetlana Bouganskaia

What week is your gymmie going? DD is headed back for year 4 in week 4

When my DD's were there last (3 years ago), they actually both thought that the Olympians like Nastia (i.e, current ones) worked more with younger kids. My younger DD was L7 the last time she went, and did not get any Nastia time in the gym. Older DD just had a chat with her but again, no 'coaching' per se.

However, everyone will get a chance for autograph/photo with all the Olympians who are there that week.

She will absolutely get to meet Nastia as all the olympians come around to the different events/levels during the week. How much coaching she actually receives from the Olympian can vary. DD has never been disappointed with the engagement of the athletes but the only one she really received true coaching from was Svetlana Bouganskaia

What week is your gymmie going? DD is headed back for year 4 in week 4

Thank you, Week 2

When my daughter went to Woodward there were three olympians there. At the time she was level 7 and she got to work with each one of them. Not for a huge time - as they spent most of their time on the elite girls. My daughter got an autograph and picture with each one of them.

There may be some truth to what you have heard. Last summer when my DD was at IGC Blaine Wilson only worked with the highest level gymnasts at the camp. She did get to meet him, but not work with him during training at all. There were other Olympians there her week who did work with all of the gymnasts so she really didn't care about Blaine Wilson. If it was Nastia I am sure that she would gave been more upset.

No :( they only go 1 age up or down, however i think mine could request an older bunk mate but I know some older girls dont want to bunk with the younger ones lol

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back