UK WAG 2014 grades results

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

There is a national grade 5 but since that system started there is also a compulsory 5 for little ones to do the year before compulsory 4. However it is set by region at the moment. I don't see it on the results so maybe that region hasn't taken it up yet.

Often there are only 2 or 3 in some of the regions. I think it will grow though.

The results for the Disability NDP grades are on The british Gymnastics website under Events and Results, I have just looked at the results and was very surprised with the scores, my dd got highest total score for level 8 and got joint 1st on Vault, 3rd on Bars (her weakest even due to strength), 1st on Beam, joint 1st on floor and 4th on Range and Conditioning.

I would like the website page on here but cannot seem to do it.

I don't suppose there is any harm 'having a go' at level 3 if you are close. You can't skip it, so if you don't do it you've added a year till you get to elite and if you do it and fail you'll have to do it again so have added a year that way.

I think people are just having a go this year. Like you said they have to pass it. I understand you can go to nationals this year with a fail and try and get a pass there. It is a special one time only introductory offer! That would be a pretty nerve wracking thing to do but if you have a kid who is up for it I suppose some people might.

Can't wait to see the start lists. Does anyone know yet if level 4 is the Saturday and level 3 the Sunday as usual yet.

We've got a girl going to 4 and haven't heard yet. We're going to go and watch her which I'm really looking forward to - will also give dd a chance to check it all out before her turn a fortnight later.

We've been told that the schedule isn't available yet, although I find it hard to believe that they haven't decided it with two weeks to go :rolleyes: Frustrating for anyone wanting to book a hotel to avoid an early drive.

I originally thought it was quite a good idea to allow girls who haven't passed to go to nationals this year, if they make the team, given that they have already said they might adjust the pass mark after nationals. It would be gutting for a girl to miss nationals with a score of 49 and then find they lower the pass mark.

To be honest though I think the scores have been quite good on the whole. When you look at the regions, most have had some good passes and a couple of fails - which is probably as it should be. On that basis I think anyone who scored in the forties is going to look very outclassed at nationals...Fine if they are up for it and know where they are going to finish, but a lot of pressure.

We've been told that the schedule isn't available yet, although I find it hard to believe that they haven't decided it with two weeks to go :rolleyes: Frustrating for anyone wanting to book a hotel to avoid an early drive.

We were not given any schedule until the day of the competition at my oldest dd's grades 2 weeks ago, but we were given at warm up, registration, start and finish time a week or 2 before with venue address and postcode.

It is fraustrating when you don't get enough info to decide if you need to book hotel room or drive on the day, we ended up driving on the day and leaving at 4am in the morning to get there by 8:30am ( we got there at 7:15am and ended up looking for somewhere to get something to eat)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back