Coaches Ideas for preventing back injuries?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Anyone have advice how to prevent my back from hurting? Any coaches classes or techniques to use when it comes to spotting heavy kids? Just looking for suggestions for strength exercises so I don't blow out my back :(
Thanks in advance

Stand closer to the kids and learn how to spot EVERYTHING on both sides. What spot hurts the most for you? Because different techniques for spotting just about everything are out there. I have my base spotting techniques that work for me and switch to different techniques/sides throughout the day on bars.

Right in the direct middle of my back.
And that's a good idea to spot on my other side, thanks. I'm thinking of getting a back brace. What are your thoughts? Any type of exercise or suggestions for maybe weight training? I'm not getting any younger lol

And that's a good idea to spot on my other side, thanks. I'm thinking of getting a back brace. What are your thoughts? Any type of exercise or suggestions for maybe weight training? I'm not getting any younger lol
==
Are you spotting bars? if so what skills are giving you the most pain. And how are you spotting them

Spotting everything the same way where you use your right arm for the heavy part of the skill will develop your back muscles unevenly. One side of your back will overpower the other and begin to tilt or shift a vertebrae enough to inflame a disk or put pressure on a nerve.

Squats, deadlifts, back/hip extensions, good mornings, reverse hyper work/superman leg lifts, kettlebell swings Russian style with very little knee bend. Farmer walks or Overhead carries.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back