Parents Scratchy leos

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

http://www.snowflakedesigns.com/customer-service/size-guide

In our experience, Snowflake and GK are the same size... My gymmies are AXS in both and AM in both.

Thank you!!! I think if we are not successful with this round of GK, I will try Snowflake.

We have one from Alpha Factor (ebay) that rides up, but she loved it so much she's willing to wear shorts with it. So I tried another Alpha Factor and it rides up too, but it wasn't nice enough for her to be inconvenienced...

I'm just hoping that I don't have to go through this again for a while.
(of course, last week she mentioned that her competition leo might be getting too small. UGH.)

This thread and it's resurrection are making me feel better. Lately DD has been going through a picky phase with her leos. Last week she went to wear one and had a fuss because "it feels funny on my legs and that one is scratchy and it's too warm now for the fuzzy ones and I HAVE NO LEOS!!"as she's looking in her gym bag of 10-12 leos. This week? The same leo that set her off is fine again.

She's liked the fit of the Snowflake ones in the past so I ordered her a couple of their grab bag leos for her birthday and they look like they're going to fit well, not be too hit, itchy, etc, etc. Fingers crossed.

This thread and it's resurrection are making me feel better. Lately DD has been going through a picky phase with her leos. Last week she went to wear one and had a fuss because "it feels funny on my legs and that one is scratchy and it's too warm now for the fuzzy ones and I HAVE NO LEOS!!"as she's looking in her gym bag of 10-12 leos. This week? The same leo that set her off is fine again.

I was so glad to accidentally find this :)
I could have posted your exact words...

Just a few weeks ago, DD tried on shorts at the gym. She REALLY liked them. I made her swear. She tried them on three separate occasions. I took a picture of the tag, then ordered the same ones in the color she wanted. When they came in, i knew her face. "I don't think these are the same ones". Um, yes they are. She tried them. She "agreed" they might be. Said she'd wear them.
4 practices go by, and she's not worn them yet. Bless DH, because he pretty much forced her to wear them. She left with tears. She came home, said how GREAT the shorts were, and couldn't wait to wear them again! I was like "HUH???"

Last edited:
If you go with Snowflake, CALL THEM. They can help you figure out what would be best for your gymmie. They are really good at working with you :)
We got Grab Bag leotards the last time they were in stock... told them that YG needs one that doesn't have a lot of seams... no sequins (because they tend to get in the seams and can cut)... preferably patterned with some bright colors, but black is ok too... and MOST IMPORTANT - It CANNOT have a high neckline (she feels choked if the neckline is within 3 inches of her neck). OG likes bright green or pink or black - no sequins, no velvet.
We got two leotards that were PERFECT for them.

If you go with Snowflake, CALL THEM. They can help you figure out what would be best for your gymmie. They are really good at working with you :)
We got Grab Bag leotards the last time they were in stock... told them that YG needs one that doesn't have a lot of seams... no sequins (because they tend to get in the seams and can cut)... preferably patterned with some bright colors, but black is ok too... and MOST IMPORTANT - It CANNOT have a high neckline (she feels choked if the neckline is within 3 inches of her neck). OG likes bright green or pink or black - no sequins, no velvet.
We got two leotards that were PERFECT for them.

Wow! That sounds amazing!! I will definitely call!
Thank you!

I have never tried this because my dd did not have issues with any leo...bad on its own because she wanted ALL of them...I heard that if you rub deodorant on the seams before she wears them they don't scratch. It might be worth a try.

I just needed to share, because it's a huge deal in our house:

I did order 5 leos last month (I promised DD a "really cool brand new leo" for moving up to L4.)
4 came in immediately, but we've been waiting for the back-ordered "really cool Aly Reisman one".

She finally got it, and tried it on last night - she LOVES it!!!! She is so excited to wear her "amazing" leo to practice today!!! For DD to love a leo, and not scratch, itch, get a wedgie, not a too-high neck... it's an amazing day in our house!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back