Yay!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Well done!

I just about got a cross handstand on beam. I know that's not the most amazing of skills but I'm really pleased because I find beam really scary. When I first tried to do it on low beam, as opposed to the foam floor beam, I was too scared to kick up even there. But with a bit of persistence I got there. So now I feel like I've set a pattern that will allow me to learn other skills on beam. Next is cartwheel. I'll be really delighted if I get them because it is the hardest tumbling skill I could ever do on beam even as a kid.

I sort of just got upwards hip circle and backwards hip circle on bars too. In the sense that I haven't done them for at least 13 years but I just tried them again and it turns out I can still do them. I sort of thought I might be able to do upwards hip circle but backwards hip circle was quite unexpected. I can't do forwards hip circle (except as a dismount!) anymore though so that's something to work on again.

I love learning new skills. It is such a great sense of achievement, especially since you have to work to earn it. But I also love how when you learn a new skill your not done, there's always the next challenge.

Congratulations on RO-BHS! I would love to learn that skill. Like Tumbellina, I'm also learning handstand and cartwheel on beam, but just on floor beam for now, they are scary! The other night on bars I did squat on for the first time.

I'm working on my ROBHS I need to get it, once I do I can skip like two levels. Right now besides ROBHS I'm working backwalkovers on beam, FHS vault, punch front, and cast handstands :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back