Off Topic Our? A little rant...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm with you on this, its know here in the UK as the "Royal We" - drove my parents nuts. I have never used it and I agree it does smack of Vicarious living. However I do say sometime, we are off to gym as I'm driving and staying 2 hours, plus its me, P&F & Big Boy so "we" are going.

Interestingly Little Lad has always referred to himself in the third person !

NYG I don't even feel there is anything wrong with watching the whole 2-3 hour session. It's when the parents spends the whole 16-20 hours a week watching every move of the class where it becomes a serious problem.

I was just stating my own personnel evolution as a gym parent. Different for everybody. I agree with you, nothing wrong with it all.

I would never say "we got our flyaway" because I'm not getting up there and attempting that, lol... But, it definitely say " we have a meet" and I use both "our gym" and "DDs gym" because A) I'd like to see her get to the meet without me and B) I work at the gym and has for many years so it is, in fact, our gym. :) usually I just refer to it as "the gym" though..! :)

Thinking about it I don't think I use any pronouns - 'Time to go to gym", "you have gym today" "how was gym" "that's nice you were working on an x at gym"
Other than the gym I go to to work out I call my gym "I'm going to my gym this morning" , lol otherwise they'd no doubt think I was meaning their gym and try to come along.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back