Summer camps

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Tally Ho

Coach
Proud Parent
Hi, does anyone have any summer camp recommendations for the uk, it would be for a small group of girls and a couple of coaches?

I have no idea, it's not really "done", most clubs will have some sort of camp but very few residential, and frequently either for their own gymnasts, or they're more recreational childcare things.

Like Floppycat said, I think Rushmoor is pretty much the only one. You'll need to trawl websites to find other, if there are any.

Could you see if a club you like the sound of will allow your girls to train with them for a week, and get a B+B or youth hostel nearby?

I heard from some girls that went to Rushmore that it wasn't so good this year ?

They have the Wiltshire Open this year too, odd for the Wiltshire Open to be in Hampshire !

My DD is off to Rushmoor at Easter and can't wait. I was a little hesitant after reading the reviews on here, but after having a chat with the owners at her gym, they told me they'd thoroughly recommend sending DD (plus it helps they are friends with Bernie & Colin too!)
If all goes well, she'll be going back in the summer as well :)

My DD is off to Rushmoor at Easter and can't wait. I was a little hesitant after reading the reviews on here, but after having a chat with the owners at her gym, they told me they'd thoroughly recommend sending DD (plus it helps they are friends with Bernie & Colin too!)
If all goes well, she'll be going back in the summer as well :)
Yes please keep us informed

An update as promised!
DD came back from camp thoroughly exhausted yesterday, but she had an amazing time.

Bars, she managed to perfect her upstart and started to do drills towards dismounts into the pit.
Floor, no new skills, just lots of corrections and drills.
Vault, finally got her FHS landing sorted (no more landing heavy on her heels and ending up on her bum!)
Beam, working on cartwheels/aerials on high beam, plus FHS dismount.

There was some obvious favouritism from the coaches towards the Rushmoor kids, but that's to be expected really and it didn't bother dd as she made friends with the other resident girls and just got on with things.
The coaches were mostly lovely (apparently the bars coach was pretty evil!), food was good, dorms were nice and she'd love to go back :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back