Coaches Coaching other coaches kids behind their back.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

NO the stuff in quotes is extremely rude. You can disagree without that. Now I understand what happened I will ban.

We like the coaches here to exchange ideas, like on any forum you can choose to ignore, but you cannot use words like that. ^^^ Thanks.

Yep. Totally agree that it was unprofessional and out of line. I was just responding to another person's comment that it would not have been made by a gymnastics coach. :)

I moved the offending messages to the Trash Can last night and warned the OP. I should have banned the OP then. I got in late last night from a very fun evening with friends and I was in too generous of a mood.

I've only Posted on this site a couple times and each time has been a negative experience. Hope that changes.

To get back to the topic of this post.
I feel that it all depends on the relationship between the coach, parents and students. The atmosphere/history of the club.
One TKD grandmaster I trained under encouraged trying different styles.
Aikido grandmaster wouldn't let you practice outside of the gym.
Our head gymnastics team coach is secure enough to know the Parents and kids listen and respect him equivocaly.
Our boys will train with an assistant coach or camp coach, Uncle Buck...but know that he "Coach" has the final say with regards to techniques.
I will caution that injury is more likely to occur when mixing styles.
We had 1 kid break his toe week before Regionals trying to get in extra training.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back