WAG Pedicures

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Becauseisaid

Proud Parent
Bad or Good?

DD loves to go get pedicures and maybe once a month we'll go as Mommy-Daughter time. Today as she was getting her Easter pedi, I started wondering if she needs calluses (or at least rough spots) for beam. I know gymnasts need to build calluses on their hands for bars, but I've never wondered about beam and feet.

Sooo...pedicures good or bad?

Back when I was competing I got a pedicure one time and the next day when I did floor it hurt so bad to do full turns. Even sliding into the splits hurt my heel. It lasted a good week before they built back up.
The next time I went, when they brought out the filer thing I kindly asked if they wouldn't use it on me!

What does your daughter say after they file her feet? Has she said they are too slippery?

I was about to laugh and shrug this off, then I started thinking ............. ever since DD got her birthday mani/pedi, she's had such a hard time handing on her feet. I don't know if it's related, or she's been growing, or what. But I guess it's something to consider.

I can see the sore feet thing. At first I thought that it would be nothing. But then when that was mentioned I remembered how much my feet have hurt if I go to the beach right after a pedicure. They really are so sensitive after one.

I can see the sore feet thing. At first I thought that it would be nothing. But then when that was mentioned I remembered how much my feet have hurt if I go to the beach right after a pedicure. They really are so sensitive after one.
You never need to pay for a pedicure if you can walk on the beach... sand is a natural exfoliant... I heard it in a movie and it always works for me :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back