Gym equipment at home

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What kind of gym equipment does everyone have at home?? I got a low beam for my birthday this year and I've been trying to beg my parents for a pull-up bar for my room.

I have none, actually! A pull up bar strictly for pullups (not a bar for you to swing and monkey around on) would be OK, provided you don't do long hang swings. :) I know some of my past coaches have been against having your own equipment at home. Just be really careful and NEVER try a new skill that you haven't mastered at the gym. Stay safe!!

I personally have a tape line and enough room for plenty of handstands ans handstand pirouettes.
That's all I need and I must say it was very cheap ;)
I agree with MVJ, I don't like hearing one of my gymmies practiced this or that at home because in the end "sweet Suzie brought the dangerous stuff that broke her arm home from gym."
Don't you have a playground nearby where you can do pullups? I would recomend to rather spend your parents money on an open gym session or similar.

Yes, that is a good point Redford. I guess I just like some extra practice since I'm rec, and don't spend a ton of time in the gym. So nothing really dangerous, but I wouldn't mind doing simple stuff and maybe some extra conditioning.

I have a floor mat, a beam, a pull-up bar, a stationary bike, weights, a weight bench, an exercise ball, push-up bars, those stretchy things, and a mini trampoline. I really really REALLY want a bar for Christmas!!!

I have one of those squishy floor beams that I practice back walkovers, cartwheels, and handstands on. I hope for my b-day I can get a mat.

I actually don't have any haha. I thought a pull up bar might be cool, but I honestly don't have any time I could use it. And I don't like pull ups anyway. I could easily drive myself over to my gym a little early and do some strength with my coaches okay too, so there's really no need.

I have a low bar (standard low bar height) and I have special legs that go onto them so it can be standard high bar height. I have a mat and a low and high beam!!!

Yes, that is a good point Redford. I guess I just like some extra practice since I'm rec, and don't spend a ton of time in the gym. So nothing really dangerous, but I wouldn't mind doing simple stuff and maybe some extra conditioning.

Wait your rec? I don't think you need equipment at your house until you become a little more commited seems like a waste but I'm not going to judge

Get one of those door frame pullup bars. Good for Pullups and Hanging Leg lifts which are critical for bars (besides pushups/dips).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back