MAG New Skill Time

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
I have to say, I haven' t been watching practice much. And I am glad. The little bit I have seen is scary.And I was so used to knowing the skill in levels before, and being able to figure them out. Now, I have no clue. I just hold my breath and wait for him to come out ;)

Nice! My dd just recently got her double back of the bar, too. C is beginning training them. Although, they have been training the double off rings.He just got bhs Arabian on floor, and a really good, consistent layout flyaway out of his giants. He got his magyar and sivado on pommel, giants and peach on pbars. Loads of uptraining. He loves this time of year! I've stopped watching my dd. She's learning release moves on bars. Ick.

Ds had a week off after regionals. He'll be back in the gym this week. Some new things I know he'll be working on: FHS vault, I'm hoping the vault table will be a welcome change; his flairs need work; Back tuck on floor, flyaway on high bar and a bunch more things I don't know the names of. So excited for him to have fun learning new stuff.

They are all doing drills for giants on parallel bars. Their coach was not kidding or trash talking about wanting them to have giants by the time they compete again. Last night they were doing flyaways inside the bars. No one ended up in the hospital. DS is also (gulp) working on pirouettes (with a spot!) on the real bars.

Yeah, I think I'll watch the Yurchenko timers instead.

Hahaha, it's a Shaposhnikova - start from low bar facing away from high, cast, clear hip, than "flies" backwards to catch high bar. Actually, I don't think it's as scary as some of the other releases I've seen.

One of DD's teammate's moms posted a photo of her hands after an entire open gym spent working on Shaposhes . . . .

oh time for new skills somehow now its getting more scary then exiting , twisting double layout of HB , giant giant on pbars plus some other crazy skill stuts if i remember the name correct , tkachev i guess on HB, double back full in on floor omg and katsamatsu layout full vault . God bless him ! will my hair be gray by the end of this summer ??? maybe :eek:

They are all doing drills for giants on parallel bars. Their coach was not kidding or trash talking about wanting them to have giants by the time they compete again. Last night they were doing flyaways inside the bars. No one ended up in the hospital. DS is also (gulp) working on pirouettes (with a spot!) on the real bars.

Yeah, I think I'll watch the Yurchenko timers instead.
Wow, scary stuff. How fun for them and hard for you!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back