Off Topic What are your interests?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

E

Ex member

What are your interests aside from supporting your children through gymnastics?

I enjoy musicals and pantomines and have recently discovered The Phantom of The Opera, I have never seen anything like it, the music and the acting is something that I have never seem before, it draws you in, I must also admit to having a school girl crush on The Phantom lol, can't get enough of certain scenes in the play, I love the 25th anniversay stage show and I wished that I got a chance to see the original london cast all those years ago.

I also like to watch formual one and like watching american paranormal shows such as Ghost Adventures and Ghost Hunters.

I also like old British comedy movies like the Carry on series, On The Buses and Steptoe and Son.

I also love Phantom!!! I have seen it twice but it was before kids.
I love all things outdoors. I am a hunter, mostly deer, I prefer archery to gun hunting but the number of hours I get to hunt are greatly reduced since dd competition season starts in October and so does deer season here.
I am currently recovering from shoulder surgery or I would be shooting my bow today.
I have many "likes" and "interests" but my kiddos come firsts and with 3 I'm spread pretty thin.

interests ? Other than being Widow Twanky, scullery maid and chauffeur, plus running my own business, if I'm very lucky sometimes I get to go on CB and if I'm really lucky they let me out to Zumba !
Snap Margo. Ferry 2 kids to and from 12 different sporting sessions a week, run a business and in the summer I play stoolball twice a week. (I can hear the heads being scratched already - stoolball??)

I was up at 12.30 last night making sugar-free muffins for their packed lunches because that was the first chance I had ( took work home with me so I could have this morning to go to Zumba and do the shopping )

unfortunately we have calorie needs but teeth issues and the dentist told me off for too much sugar in her diet

Rock n' roll dancing (I taught classes through both pregnancies), piano, writing my PhD thesis and studying French culture (especially the patisseries- these require particularly meticulous study:)). I used to ice skate in a precision team and ride horses but strangely no longer find the time...

I used to catch a bus everyday from Place Esquirol and there was a patisserie who sold crepes dentilles filled with ganache, to die for, wonder if its still there. Whats your PhD in ?

I used to catch a bus everyday from Place Esquirol and there was a patisserie who sold crepes dentilles filled with ganache, to die for, wonder if its still there. Whats your PhD in ?
It is a philosophy PhD on the ethics of uncertainty in certain types of medical tests - always a great conversation starter at parties, not!

I coach gymnastics for fun (In real life I am an attorney)! I have become a big fan of musical theater. My favorite is probably Les Mis. I would love to see Matilda.

My interests are photography and baking. We are paleo, so I am a paleo baker, which is kind of almost cheating, but I look at it as a challenge!

I coach gymnastics for fun (In real life I am an attorney)! I have become a big fan of musical theater. My favorite is probably Les Mis. I would love to see Matilda.

My dd does musical theatre lessons once a week and they performed a couple of songs in full costume from Matilda on stage - When I grow up and Revolting Children. This summer they should be performing Electricity from Billy Elliot if she has time to take part now she does competitive gymnastics.

My interests (aside from supporting my gymmies in gymnastics) are:
1. gymnastics - I have been known to attend practices and meets without my gymmies... I also enjoy watching College and Elite gymnastics.
2. Baseball. I played for 5 years (all star all 5), coached for 5 years, and had dreams of becoming the first female closer in Cleveland Indians history. I still LOVE watching baseball.
3. Football. I played for 2 years. I wanted to play in 7th grade, but my dad said, "NO! If you like it this year, you will want to play next year... and if you like it next year, you will want to play in High School... and there is NO WAY I am going to let ANY of my children play for that misogynistic $&@^&*$ that coaches the Varsity team, let alone allow my DAUGHTER to be subjected to him and his coaching style." So, there went my chance for a football scholarship to The Ohio State University... and my chance to be the first female starting quarterback of the Cleveland Browns :(. I still love watching football.
4. Reading.
5. Watching tv: NCIS & NCIS-LA, Law & Order & SVU, House, Castle, Bones, the shows of HGTV, DIY network, and Disney Channel, and Degrassi.
6. Tutoring grades K-College. As I help others, it keeps my mind sharp :D
7. SLEEPING!!!!!!

I don't have that much time to actually do what I am interested in as I am busy with college, research, staying in shape, and learning how to play a new sport.
But my interests are:
-anything outdoorsy. My dad has a sailboat that I am hoping to inherit someday. I'm not ready to take it out by myself yet but I am learning. I also enjoy hiking and biking and kayaking.
-cooking and baking! My family is very picky so they don't like most of the things I cook but I enjoy whatever I make.
-watching gymnastics. I miss it a lot and I wish more than anything that I could still be doing it. Some of my friends and relatives are still involved in the sport so I live vicariously through them. I used to teach some classes at my gym when I was home from college but now I am doing more eventual career related stuff on breaks and summer so I can't anymore. My favorite classes were the 3 year olds though. They were so cute!
-sleeping. If it were a perfect world, I would get 12 hours of sleep a night. I can usually manage 8 though.
-netflix or watching DVDs. I waste a lot of time on netflix, but some of the shows are just so good!
-chalkbucket. I love reading all the threads on here and trying to give advice when I can but I'm often unqualified or wrong in my advice.

It is a philosophy PhD on the ethics of uncertainty in certain types of medical tests - always a great conversation starter at parties, not!

Ooh no, I think that sounds really interesting. My PhD was in cancer research so I love that stuff :)

Back on topic, I'm with Margo. General taxi and dogsbody doesn't leave time for much else.

I was speaking to a mum today who's DD has just started pre-team x2 a week. She's never been involved in sport and said she's always been slightly bemused by the reactions of parents at the olympics etc- why the camera always cuts away to show mum and dad in the crowd all emotional. She's just figured out how much parents have to sacrifice if their kids are in sport, the financial, time and emotional commitments, and that's just pre-team :)

Running - currently training for a half marathon
Reading
Travel is my biggest passion - but of course that is limited by funds and kids - though only one at hone currently

Spinning, as I'm training for a 135 km ride in june
Gardening on my balcony
Reading
Does taking baths count? The best is reading a good book in the bath!
Starting in two weeks, studying for a certificate in university in motor and sensory rehabilitation

My husband and my 3 kids and I love to go on bike rides when were not in the gym, me and my husband did a 60 mile bike ride for cancer in our town, kids did the 10. We also enjoy having family movie nights, some of my own personal interest include, crafting/ scrapbooking , photography, and baking

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back