Parents New Question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymMom1006

Proud Parent
Hello again. I posted about a month ago with questions about switching gyms. My daughter is 1 1/2 weeks away from her AGA state meet, so we are trying to make the decision now. I've looked online, and can't find any USAG results for the potential new gym, just a couple TAAF meet results. I asked a lady on fb when they start competing USAG there, and she told me she's not sure when but knows that they do some USAG invitationals. What does that mean? Does that mean they don't do normal district meets that lead to regionals and state?

LOL, I don't understand either. We're potentially making a gym switch. I've been trying to find the new gyms meet results on mymeetscores.com. I can't find anything for that gym. I asked someone there what level they start competing USAG. She said she doesn't know, but she knows the gym does compete USAG invitationals. I just don't understand the difference between invitationals and normal meets. Or are invitationals normal meets? My dd's gym only competes AGA, so I'm not familiar with USAG. IDK if that's a better explanation or not. lol

GymMom1006 -

The nature of this sport across the US means that there are a lot of different terms used. You have used some acronyms that folks don't recognize (AGA, TAAF). I am going to guess that you are somewhere in Texas since you refer to TAAF which is the Texas Amatuer Athletic Federation. Each state has different competition rules. So, it would help us out here if you could give a little more information on your situation. USAG invitational are normal meets; they can be qualifiers for other meets, whether "district" or regional meets.

what does AGA stand for?

all gymnasts compete in "invitationals". that's just another word for a competition with more than 2 teams competing.

and maybe go to your USAG state's website and see if scores exist there.

AGA stands for American Gymanstics Assocoation. It's a type of competitions like USAG or TAAF, but they don't go by typical levels. All the levels can do optional routines. My dd's gym is training her to do squat on's on the bars, and back walkovers on the beam, but she doesn't have a lot of typical level 3 skills. I took her to get evaluated at the potential new gym, and they said she would go on pre team until she gets handstand on beam, front hip circle, and windmill on bars, etc. I asked on here a few weeks ago about gym switch, and people were saying to look up their meet scores. So I just thought it was strange that I couldn't find any USAG scores for this gym.

AGA stands for American Gymanstics Assocoation. It's a type of competitions like USAG or TAAF, but they don't go by typical levels. All the levels can do optional routines. My dd's gym is training her to do squat on's on the bars, and back walkovers on the beam, but she doesn't have a lot of typical level 3 skills. I took her to get evaluated at the potential new gym, and they said she would go on pre team until she gets handstand on beam, front hip circle, and windmill on bars, etc. I asked on here a few weeks ago about gym switch, and people were saying to look up their meet scores. So I just thought it was strange that I couldn't find any USAG scores for this gym.

i'm sure you'll find what you're looking for here:

http://txusag.com/

We are in Texas, too. This is my understanding of the way it works 'round here. Usag j.o. compulsory district meets run aug-October, north state in November, state in December. Usag j.o. Optional season is the same time as usag j.o. Compulsory invitational season jan-mar. Optional state in April, regionals after that. Furthermore, there are several invitational meets that offer both usag and TAAF sessions. The girls do not compete against each other. Metroplex challenge is a good example. TAAF schedule generally runs at the same time as j.o. compulsory invitational season. I'm not familiar with AGA or TAAF as far as state and districts are concerned.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back