Switching clubs....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

LucyTRA

Coach
Gymnast
Judge
...Is so confusing!

The situation at my old club became pretty unbearable in the past couple of months and I was thinking about leaving. Last week things kinda came to a head and I'm not competing for them anymore.

I'm not really distressed about that at all, the decision about whether to leave or not was made for me and that really made things easier. BUT the last comp of the season (and the last qualifier for finals) is in a couple of weeks and the entry deadline is tomorrow. I spoke to another HC at a different club that I know and she said that she is happy to enter me with her club. Happy days.

EXCEPT.... She said that she needs a 'transfer form'? I have no idea what this is and can't find anything about it on the BG website. Further to that, when I logged on to gymnet it says I'm not linked to any clubs at all. I always bought my membership direct from BG (never through my club) because I needed it for coaching courses before I needed it to compete, and my courses were always funded by my uni so they just paid it. Does anyone know about this whole transfer business? Is it possible I was never actually 'linked' to my old club??? If I wasn't, surely I'm not transferring at all, I'm just becoming linked to the new club??

I also have no idea if my scores from previous comps (where I represented my old club) will be able to be added now that I'm representing somewhere else. Has anyone had to deal with a mid-season switch before?!

Then I would think that you are unregistered. I was talking to P&F coach about unregistered gymnasts, and one of our old girls who now trains with another club is still registered with BG to us as her renewal was sent to us.

@Iwannabemargo unregistered as in they have unregistered me or I was never registered in the first place?

Do you know anything about the transfer form thing? My coach (who competes for the new club that I'm joining but has been coaching me for years) said he thinks that the old club has to come up with the form...

I'm thinking now and we never had to sign anything when we switched clubs. Big Boy is registered with our club when he took his coaching exams and on his registration it says "....... Club", but as you were unaffiliated when you registered with BG I would think that technically you are unaffilliated as far as they are concerned. Call Membership services with BG, they are very helpful and should be able to help.

Thanks Margo,

I spoke to HC at the new club last night and she called HC at my old club, who said that she is happy to 'let me go' (which is pretty laughable tbh) and I've been sent the form to sort out, but everyone is quite chilled about that and it doesn't have to be done before comp entry goes in, which is lucky because it has to go in today! New HC also very excited by the fact that I'm a coach, and said 'oh thats good, we pay our coaches too!' and I'm making it possible to enter 2 teams rather than having one team and a couple of gymnasts on their own. It's so nice to be in a club where they actually want me there!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back