Off Topic how old threads are handled

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I wouldn't recommend eliminating that feature. If someone is looking for threads on say, Severs disease, if their question isn't answered in the thread they're reading, they can read the others. Perhaps their question will be answered there, and they don't need to create a new thread.
yeah, thats true. and, actually, i think i would miss it. being new here and new to gymnastics i don't always know all the terminology and sometimes those related threads have brought up things related that i would not have known to search for so it is useful.

I am unable to find any way to mass lock or add a warning to old threads at this time...I'll keep searching.

We will not be eliminating the similar threads feature.

I post on a non-gymnastics forum where you get firmly told off if you start a new thread when you could have just revived an old one so I can see why some newer members can get caught out.

I really like the similar threads feature. I have discovered a lot of interesting and informative old threads that way.

I agree with shutting off the similar threads feature. Most likely it is the main cause of the "problem". Not only does it recommend old threads but it lists them from oldest to newest. Right now, the top thread in the list is from 2008. People can use the search feature if they want to find old threads.

Some boards have a feature where adding comments to an old thread isn't allowed after a certain number of days or months.

I'm sure I can figure out a way to mass lock old threads eventually...but it's going to take a bit of time.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back