MAG Meet gifts for boys

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

MaryA

Proud Parent
Proud Parent
I am in charge of vending for our home meet. This year, for the first time, the meet will include boys as well as girls. Also for the first time, the location where we are having it will not allow food of any type on the floor (and therefore it can't be sold at our vending booth). In the past, I have offered goodie bags with gymnsatics-themed items in them... chapstick, hair ties, nail decals, etc. I want to be able to offer similar stuff for the boys, however I am drawing a blank. I thought, "maybe temporary tatoos" but the only gymnastics tatoos I can find online are for girls. Any ideas of things I can offer for the boys? I know that larger items like t-shirts, grip bags, etc. can be good for both girls and boys. I'm mainly thinking about smaller items right now.

And yes, I know that gymnastics is already expensive, that kids shouldn't need gifts at meets, that this is an American phenomenon, etc. etc. All of that may well be the case, but my job is to stock the vending booth at our home meet and I'm looking for interesting and creative ideas for boys and not a treatise on American consumer culture. ;)

Lego minifigures? I am really only half kidding. I really have few ideas for boys. There is a reason that boys' meets always give a T-shirt and girls get a variety of things throughout the season. What do you give a boy?

hmm, what else? Water bottle (like maybe the collapsible ones?)

This tattoo is good for boys: http://www.polyvore.com/got_chalk_gymnastic_temporary_tattoo/thing?id=61065779

Wrist guards
Colored pre-wrap

These grip key chains: http://www.gymsupply.com/keychaindowelgripkeychain.aspx
Cool magnet: http://www.gymsupply.com/triplethreatmagnet.aspx

ditto wrist guards and water bottles. Pillow cases, t-shirts, a lego gymnastics guy would be awesome; but I doubt that will ever happen. o_O crazy colored prewrap. Maybe some neon socks if you could get them with something gymnastics related. My son still wears ankle socks; but I know that most boys now seem to wear those knee socks (my son likes them; but his feet don't grow much, so he has plenty of socks that fit and I'm not buying more right now. I'm convinced that soon his feet will grwo really fast since they have barely grown in 4 years).

my eldest son like what he calls "Man-gles" Beaded bracelets in muted tomes for boys

il_340x270.451933601_bjiw.jpg

This kind of thing,

Hair gel, smellies seem quite popular with older boys so "man smell" as we call it, the socks are always cool as mine can put holes in socks just by looking at them

I googled it ans saw these

boys_gymnastics_keychain-r208c7762b0ba4939a054b07b339cac3e_x7j3z_8byvr_512.jpg

and no comment whatsoever about consumerism

Another vote for water bottles!

One meet we went to had these really cool wall hooks with a pommel horse guy on them, but I am guessing the gym had a connection with the artist.

tape rolls (sigh). One meet did give these as gifts. THe boys loved them! as did the parents. Wristbands, stickers (cafe press has some). The boys have also gotten those drawstring back packs at several meets.

of course, by now, we have quite a collection of waterbottles, tshirts and bags..:)

Colored wrist bands..that match the boys' uniforms would be cool. We found some in FL last year and D loved them (and lost them!)

Candy is cool haha I know this granola company competitive nature released granola bars with gymnastics covers so that may be an idea. Wristbands are always helpful I have a quite a few from random meets. Maybe some sunglasses. Or a pen. Notepads are also something I've gotten that were cool.

I am talking to my 12yo ds. 2 things he suggested: lego (see why I suggested it) and tape.

He liked all of my above suggestions except the colored pre-wrap. He did not like the bracelets Iwanna suggested.

He really liked the grip key chain.

He's not so thrilled with the idea of socks (I think the Moms like that more than the boys.)

LOL! Our booster club gave our boys juggling balls one year! I think they came with a note...do NOT take out of case utnil you are HOME! LOL! One year they got frisbies...same note!

what about something they can fiddle with at meets? Stress ball or some other sort of fiddle?

Went to a meet that gave out fleece blankets with their logo on it. Seat cushions could be neat.....but more for the parents than the kids. My boys love their beach towels, but that went along with the theme of the meet.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back