Parents Signed Tshirt from Flipfest question....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

UpsideDown

Proud Parent
DD had the Olympians sign her camp shirt at Flipfest. She said they used Sharpies.... But I don't really know!

How do I wash/clean it?

Would you let your DD wear it? She wants to wear it, but Idk if she should....

Or should I put it away? Frame it( no idea how)....

Thanks in advance!

They do use sharpies. Normal waving will be fine; but if done too much it might begin to fade. The metallic sharpies last better than the normal ones, so if they used metallic it will probably stay no problem. Alcohol will remove sharpie (non metallic, I have found noting that removes metallic), so avoid anything with alcohol. And I have always wanted in cold water.

Do you have a "handwash" cycle on your washing machine?

As long as you wash/rinse it in cold (no bleach) on gentle or handwash cycle, it should be fine. Sharpies are the most common markers for signing clothing because they come to a point... so she is most likely accurate.

If she gets tired of wearing it, THEN you should frame it. Get a poster size frame and wrap the shirt around the cardboard (my posterframe included it... but you could also buy a stiff posterboard) or slip it over, depending on the size of the shirt.

Thank you so much! It's black, not metallic..... But I feel relieved. I was so worried and read a bit online, but thought this is a better place to ask!

Her friend told her to put it in the dryer for thirty minutes before washing..... Does that make sense?

DD has a meet shirt with Jordan W's signature on it in black sharpie. First I set the ink by putting the shirt in the dryer for a good long time by itself. And now, when I see it in the laundry, I throw it in with the leos. I wash leos in the washing machine, inside out, gentle cycle, gentle soap, and then hang dry, so I've just been doing the same with this shirt. This meet was more than a year ago and the shirt still looks great. Gentle wash and line drying probably does as much or more for just keeping the shirt looking new as it does for keeping the signature sharp.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back