WAG Yet another injury..

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I just came back to gym from a previous injury, and now I'm out with another injury again for about a month. This time it is my lower back. I had an MRI done and went to the orthopedic, and I believe the doctor said that each time I bend my back two of my bones "hit" against each other. The only thing the doctor said to do was to obviously not do any gymnastics for awhile, and to wear a back brace. I was quite surprised about the healing process, but I'm not so sure about it. Has anybody had a similar problem to this? And if you have, does it ever completely heal? I do plan on continuing gymnastics in the fall, but I don't want to hurt my back even more.

What was your first injury? DD dealt with lower back pain for a good chunk of last season after coming back from a broken foot. No way to know for sure, but I think her running around in the boot got things "out of whack" in her back. She did PT, which may or may not have helped. I think it was mainly just time that improved it. When she broke her foot AGAIN this spring (I love this sport. :confused:) she was sure to wear a shoe on her non-booted foot, even in the gym, so that she wasn't so off-kilter. Good luck. Back pain is no fun.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back