Parents DD wants to know when....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

patches lee

Proud Parent
DD 5 has asked me when she will be able to learn some things after watching comp girls in pratices. She is level 1 so I know shes got a bit to go. Since we are both fairly new I'm not completly sure, so any help would be nice... 1. Standing on low bar, jump to high bar, back hip circle and giants on high bar 2. A backhand spring on beam. 3. Back walkover. 4. Split jumps on beam. 5. Go from high bar to low bar. She's tried to do split jumps on high beam when waiting for the other girl to finish. And asks her coach if she can stand on the low bar and jump to the high. (Yes only 2 kids so lots of one on one time) I know shes driven to learn, but I dont think she understands she has to build up to them. She doesnt even like to pratice skills on the floor beam, she may fall a few times on beam trying to jump too high but she thinks thats where she belongs. Go big or go home attitude lol.

Squat ons (standing on low bar, jumping to high)=Level 4 skill
Back hip circle on high bar=Level 4
Giant on high bar=Level 7
Back handspring on beam=Level 5
Back walkover on floor=Level 3, on beam Level 5
Split jumps on beam=level 4 for sure, possibly Level 3
These are the levels to COMPETE these skills. Some gyms will allow kids to train and learn the skills sooner, some will not.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back