Practice hairstyles for long hair

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Every time I go to practice, my hair falls out of my chosen style within an hour. I usually put it in a bun or a ponytail, but my hair is very long, so I can't put my hair in the typical gymnastics style. I have tried braids as well, but my hair is so long that if I'm on bars it will slap me in the face... Does anyone have any ideas for a hairstyle?

Put it in a low ponytail with a band, then plait it and put a band at the end. Roll the plait underneath and attach it to the ponytail band with another band or two. You will have a plait ring at the back that won't flap around.

Put it in a low ponytail with a band, then plait it and put a band at the end. Roll the plait underneath and attach it to the ponytail band with another band or two. You will have a plait ring at the back that won't flap around.
Thank you so much!! :)

When my hair gets really long (right now its medium length so I french braid it), I put it in a braid and then wrap the braid into a bun. That could work, the bun will be tight. Use hairspray and maybe a scrunchie if you want to be super secure.

For meet season my hair was really long, and sometimes I would french braid, sometimes put it in a pony and then braid the rest. I put it in a bun once or twice too. Never has it hit me in the face. It was really long too. It usually would stay to the side. I never focused on it though.

I do a ballerina bun with multiple hair ties. I use 2 or 3 to hold my hair in a ponytail, one of which has rubber pieces in it and then 1 or 2 hair ties to hold the ballerina bun in. I usually only to fix the bun part once or twice a practice and I rarely have to fix the ponytail part if I end up doing a lot of back extension rolls at practice.

My hair stays in with my method :
- put into a solid high pony tail
- spray with hairspray or gel
- plait hair very tightly going as far as you can go with your hair
- tie the plait of with a clear plastic hair tie or gummie as I call it
- spray the plait with a little bit of hairspray
- wrap your hair up into a bun and use the hair tie of your colour hair to secure
- place a bun net over the bun as tight as possible and secure with a gummie let the left over bun net dangle
- with the left over bun net dangle wrap it around the bottom of the bun and secure with a gummie
- place 1 more hair tie over it all
- use a scrunchie, bow or something like that to neat it up

Need any help with any thing just pm me

My hair stays in with my method :
- put into a solid high pony tail
- spray with hairspray or gel
- plait hair very tightly going as far as you can go with your hair
- tie the plait of with a clear plastic hair tie or gummie as I call it
- spray the plait with a little bit of hairspray
- wrap your hair up into a bun and use the hair tie of your colour hair to secure
- place a bun net over the bun as tight as possible and secure with a gummie let the left over bun net dangle
- with the left over bun net dangle wrap it around the bottom of the bun and secure with a gummie
- place 1 more hair tie over it all
- use a scrunchie, bow or something like that to neat it up

Need any help with any thing just pm me
Thank you SO much!! :)

I have the same problem! My hair usually stays when I do it like this:
1) Tie in a tight, high ponytail with a hair tie.
2) Take a second hair tie and start to wrap it around your ponytail but only pull it half way through.
3) Twist the hair tie and as you pull it over a second time, grab the ends.
4) Take a third hair tie and tie it around the whole messy bun.
5) *OPTIONAL* Take a scrunchy and tie that around the whole thing.
Hope I helped!

I put my hair into a really small bun so the the ends are still hanging down then i wrap the ends around and put in like 4 hair ties and a scrunchie. I also hairspray it cause my gym requires it to look neat

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back