WAG Broken or bruised?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

If it's a little toe it surely doesn't make much difference for the treatment of it... Strap it to the next one and ice it regularly. That's what my (doctor) parents had me do when we thought I'd probably broken mine :)

get an x ray

P&F (we thought) dislocated her second toe on the tramp, but it popped back in, it was sore, by Monday it was still sore so we toddled off to minor injuries where the x rayed it and found the break, they just buddy strapped it, however now it has an interesting curve on it.

No way to tell without an xray. But like LucyTRA said, the treatment rarely is different between a broken or a bruised toe. If the break is bad enough, on the large toe or up further into the foot, the treatment may be different. Best to follow up with your doctor to make sure you are getting the correct treatment.

bruising in toe - buddy tape and don't worry which - any bruising in the foot itself, should be seen and maybe xray - that's my MD advice...DD broke 3 of her toes (I think broke cuz it took weeks to heal) banging them against the bar last summer...show went on...

My dd just broke her toe this weekend. Really just thought it was bruised but decided to get it x-rayed to see. She is in a walking shoe for 2-4 weeks to allow it to heal

DD broke her 5th metatarcel (bone that leads into the pinky toe) and was in a boot for 6 weeks. Better safe than sorry. Go to the doctor.

My daughter is recovering from breaking the 4th metatarsal. She was in a hard walking shoe for 4 weeks and is back to soft-surface landings now. Her break was not in the phalanges (the part of the toe that sticks out from the foot), but more on the top of her foot where toe meets foot. Her toe was not bruised, but the top of her foot was.

Dr. said it should take about 8 weeks to fully heal, but it would have taken much longer/caused more issues if she just buddy taped and didn't spend the time in the boot. If her foot is bruised and/or swollen (as opposed to the toe itself), then I'd get an x-ray.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back