WAG Commonwealth Games 2014!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

BBC has all the schedules, except they don't seem to be able to differentiate between rhythmic and artistic!

I seriously hope the rhythmic gym from today is available on iplayer tomorrow so annoyed that I missed the end of this afternoons (thought I was recording it, but of course there were technical difficulties) then I'm sure I set it up to record this evening and it didn't! Waaah :(

Tenplay crashed once last night for about five minutes, and it was running so slowly that it was hard to get into at the start, but apart from that I got hours of uninterrupted rhythmic gymnastics, which is pretty much unheard of here (although I didn't go the distance and went to bed after all the Australian girls had done their first rotation). Usually we see maybe ten minutes before it cuts back to swimming or cycling. It was good coverage too - intelligent local commentary, all the scores etc shown on screen. I was impressed. I'm going to burn through our data allowance very quickly these games.

Watching the Rhythmic now, just don't get the clubs, ribbon, ball, hoop, yes I get those, but clubs hmmmmmmmm

What happened to rope? Don't they drop either rope or clubs alternately or something.

I just can't get into rythmic. I think acro should be recognised as a gymnastics sport before rythmic. Plus I don't agree with single gender sports- they should let the boys play!

Faith they compete 4 out of the 5 apparatus each quarter. So no rope this time.

Some great performances in the rhythmic, pity it's on so late here I fall asleep before I've seen much. And there is next to no coverage on the tv.
Well done to Francesca Jones, picking up the silver for Wales (and Patricia and Laura - but we all have favourites, lol, and as the Australian girls didn't place) .

Faith btw men do compete rhythmic - mostly in Japan, it hasn't caught on everywhere else to warrant that level of competition.
Whilst I think it would be great if acro was an olympic sport I personally prefer rhythmic. The numbers of participants in acro would have to increase a lot for it to be recognised.

I've quite enjoyed watching the rhythmic - the skills are amazing. But I do prefer acro - at least it has some, what I would call 'proper gymnastics' in it.

I thought it summed it up neatly when the BBC commentators described it today as "juggling and dancing at the same time" :D;)

I've loved watching the rhythmic (what I've managed to see so far on iplayer!)

My two new non home nation faves are Grace Legote and Amy Kwan!

I do agree though - I'd love to see acro in the mix!

Yes it's confirmed VM isn't competing, but didn't say why. They sent Victoria KW to replace her.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back