WAG The Race floor-having trouble choreographing

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I watched Jaycie Phelps too much and now as I'm choreographing this routine I just keep coming up with things that are too similar to hers. Anyone ever see another routine to this music? Need some different ideas. It is by Yello.

Thanks. I am getting it slowly. It's just not coming as fast as some of the other routines. I do love the music too though.

No advice just commending you for trying to use different choreography. We were at a meet once and heard some music from the 96 Os and the little girl was basically doing a watered-down version of the routine. I really felt like the choreographer was doing a disservice to this little girl by copying the choreography so much.

Thanks. I did put a little piece of Jaycie 's routine in it (where she sort of runs on the ground), but I definitely agree it's not okay to copy the whole routine.

I agree, it really annoys me when someone competes the exact routine as an elite (obviously the tumbling is different). This season specifically Jordyns routine. It's fine if they want the music, but when you take someone's routine that's crossing the line.
I also commend you for trying not to take someone else's choreography:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back