Parents Doc Ali: the shrink is in!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Doc Ali

Gold Membership
Hi there! I’m Doc Ali the mental toughness coach the USAG since 1997. I’m brand new to Chalk Bucket but happy to help in any way I can. Feel free to ask questions or to tag me in a question that I could have some insight on. Questions about fear, competition, coaching, parenting, perfectionism, quitting, gym policies are always welcome. So glad to be a part of this forum and to help if I can! I appreciate all you do!

Plus, i'm the proud parent of a two year old, so I might need your help too!!! :)

Hi there! I’m Doc Ali the mental toughness coach the USAG since 1997. I’m brand new to Chalk Bucket but happy to help in any way I can. Feel free to ask questions or to tag me in a question that I could have some insight on. Questions about fear, competition, coaching, parenting, perfectionism, quitting, gym policies are always welcome. So glad to be a part of this forum and to help if I can! I appreciate all you do!

Plus, i'm the proud parent of a two year old, so I might need your help too!!! :)
My daughter (7 years old) LOVED your science sessions at the TOPS camp in Temecula last weekend.
Thank you!!!

Thank you! That made my day!!!! Especially with a 7 year old. it's great that they can start learning "what you think is what you do" that young! :)

Thank you! That made my day!!!! Especially with a 7 year old. it's great that they can start learning "what you think is what you do" that young! :)
She's been wearing her rubber band every day and the card with the dots is in her gym cubby!!!

Fear issues! I bought my DD your visualization talk and put it on her MP3 player. She's still nervous about cast handstands and really running hard at the vault (FHS right now).

Hi Doc Ali! Welcome to the CB :). My dd used your techniques after you did a workshop at her gym a few years ago. Can't believe your baby is 2!

Welcome!! I met you several years ago at the athlete warrior meet. You were so helpful! I have worked through some of your general mental toughness workbook with my ds gymnast and my soccer player. Ds would love a book geared toward gymnastics, but I have been hesitant to buy one because it says female gymnasts.
On this board I think you will be a huge asset on fear issues. Those questions come up very frequently here.

It is great to have you here. My dd has used your words of wisdom and strength in the past. It helped her get through a rough patch. Thank you for the wonderful jewels you give to help.

Welcome aboard. Lovely to have you join our community.

If you search here you will see you have been a part of many discussions over the last eight years. In fact I know we have a sticky thread all about you somewhere.

Yay and welcome! I've been working hard on being more "Jamaican" since hearing your talk last week. Doesn't come very naturally to me but I'm trying! For anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about, Doc Ali told us parents to have a "don't worry, it's just gymnastics" attitude with our intense, sometimes stressed out kids. Love it. Needed to hear it. Thank you.

Welcome! So exciting to have you here!! Both my girls listened to you on the way to every meet last season!!

Welcome to CB! You are frequently recommended here. You visited my dd's gym a few years ago and it really helped her. She uses some of your materials and they are awesome. Thank you for joining!

So great to have you. Thanks for joining! My kids have used your Train Your Mind audio program (different sports). My DH and I have been trying to make learning about the mental side of sports a priority. He was a golf pro until recently and now coaching baseball (we were both college athletes) - based on what we've seen we are convinced that success in competitive sports is more mental than physical!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back