WAG Which grip brand to use?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

j5flip

Gymnast
Alright, its time to order grips again. I have no idea which grip brand to use though. Right now, I have reisport grips and I'm not really liking them (for me they don't last very long- I've had two pairs in the last year) I wanted to try something different. Any recommendations?

I use bull-dog double buckle grips. I've had two pairs stretch out in the past, so I had to get new ones. I don't know how long each pair lasted me, but longer than 6 months for sure! I've found them pretty easy to break in and they stay in place pretty good because of the two buckles. I hope this helps!

My DD uses the Baille single buckle narrow grips from Ten.0. Work great and last forever.

My dd started using Ginnasta double buckle grips about 2 years ago and loves them. There is very little, if any , breaking in needed. Now a lot of her teammates are switching to them

My oldest dd wears reisport Velcro grips and has had them for 2 1/2 years now I think, and we're just needing to replace them. She swears by them, but I honestly think that has to do with the fact that her coach gave her the first pair and used the same brand ever since.

I had 2 pairs of US glove Velcro strap dowel grips, both lasted 12-18 months. Then I had US glove Velcro strap dowel grips with the extra wrist padding. These lasted 15 months. My current pair are the US glove double buckle grips and I have had them 2 years already. But they are now stretched and a looser fit and feel slippery against the bar so I have a new pair on the way

My DD uses Bailie grips from DGS. She prefers the Velcro over the buckles--she's not one to constantly be opening and closing the Velcro. Her last grips (this same kind) lasted over 2 years. Pretty good, especially with the number of giants she does nowadays!

My daughter uses the U.S. Glove buckle grips. She got them back in March and seems to like them really well. She said it didn't take long for her to break them in and for them to feel comfortable.

My daughter's first grips were Gibson, just right. Since then she's tried US Glove, Bulldog, Bailie all in double buckle. I think the bulldog lasted the longest, then the bailie and then US Glove. US glove was the easiest to break in. She's been using Bailie now for a year and needs grips almost every 3 months. The Bailie takes her only two 30 min practices to break in. They are on bars every day. We only use Bailie because that is what our coach recommends and we get a discount. But her favorite seems to be whatever she is using,

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back