Parents I am getting eyerolls from family and friends but

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I don't like that you get eye rolls from your family and friends! They should be excited for your daughter, or at least look interested. That's what family and friends do: We support each others' kids.

Congratulations! Gymnastics skills are hard-won.

No, you're not crazy!! Any accomplishment in gym is exciting!! Honestly, I kind of had that kind of vibe too at times. But yay for your DD!!

If it's important to your DD, then cheer away!!! Getting new skills is a big thing, no matter what level they are. They are the result of LOTS of hard work and there is nothing wrong with praising the results of hard work! Shame on the eye rollers, just ask them to do it ;)

My husband's family thinks we are insane for all the things we have our kids involved in doing. Gymnastics turned into the worst possible thing we could have done as it is sooo expensive. Apparently, we should be investing every single extra penny we make in our own retirement, the house or whatever. I just ignore them. I can see how all my kids are turning out compared to others on both sides of the family (especially DH's). I wouldn't change a thing. The craziest thing is DH's father and uncle were both college level gymnasts (though I guess college level then as compared to now for men was probably different, but still)... You would think they would have the most understanding.

A BIG high five to your DD!! I find that conditioning strengthens the core and makes performing those things that were hard not that long ago finally "easy." So her hard work paid off. Well done .

My husband's family thinks we are insane for all the things we have our kids involved in doing. Gymnastics turned into the worst possible thing we could have done as it is sooo expensive. Apparently, we should be investing every single extra penny we make in our own retirement, the house or whatever.

1: except for discussions with financial and tax advisers, you probably don't want to discuss finances with anyone other than your spouse, and he shouldn't be discussing it with anyone other than you. Seriously, it's none of their business how much money you spend on your kids and how much you save for college, retirement, vacation, rainy day, etc.

B: there are more expensive sports. Try supporting a child who is a competitive equestrian. :eek: Trust me, gymnastics looks like a great bargain after that.

I never got any notifications on this for the recent ones hmm. My family just sees gymnastics like tball or something and it's a little more than that for her at this point she definitely works harder at it than tball or soccer, and the skills take a lot more work to achieve so she and I are more excited when she gets a new skill and gymnastics and they well just don't get it. It doesn't help that my family is not very sports inclined so they just don't get spending lots of time on a sport anyway.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back