Ok, this does look fun, but...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We're planning a day trip there over the summer. My friend, and former gymnast, has offered (read that as excitedly insisted) to go on with my DD, so hopefully we won't have any broken bones!

This is one place I won't take my dd for that main reason " injury " I've just got rid of her trampoline as her coach advised . Partly as now she is so advanced trampolines can hinder a gymnasts progress and give them bad habits !! Of course I didn't agree at the time and thought having her train her flicks, summi'a etc was going to benefit her . Little did I know it was holding her back and since we have got rid, her arms and legs are much stronger and straighter in her execution of moves and head coach has seen a considerable improvement overall . But that's my opinion I suppose and having a sneak peek , it does look fun x

Our coach insists that we do not attend any trampoline parks. A new one just opened up near our town and we have already been hearing about the many broken bones and other injuries that have occurred there (none of these were gymnasts), just in the short time it's been open. Sounds like great fun, but I guess our team won't be attending, just to be on the safe side.

I went to that park as a group trip with other (adult) trampolininst friends. We had fun but thought that it was pretty crazy. Over half the group that went are coaches and we sore some things that were pretty horrifying - if I have grey hairs I'm blaming this place! that said, I didn't actually see any injuries or collisions, I can just see how they would occur. And for us, it was all about the novelty. We are used to real, powerful trampolines, and these are like a garden trampoline and dont feel much better than a sprung floor for us!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back