Off Topic Finding Pants That Fit

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Dd also has trouble with shirts fitting through the shoulders- if it's a fitted shirt (button down style).

As for pants- anything with stretch/Lycra.

Jeans, khakis, slacks. we don't require uniforms but have very detailed dress codes. No leggings, no yoga pants, no sweat pants, no pajama bottoms, no holes above the knees.

Welcome to having a gymnast body and pants never fitting. Leggings and jeggings are great, but if you are looking for real jeans, I find Guess jeans fit the best. They are pricey but I always buy them on sale, cheapest I have found is 2 for $35 at their outlet store.
And if you ever find jeans that fit except for the length buy them and hem them yourself, beg someone you know to hem them, or bring them in too get hemmed. And buy pants that fit in multiples!

Sorry for the triple post, but I have one more idea: men's pants. I know it sounds absolutely terrible, but the legs are normally wider and waists are smaller! You can easily find very effeminate jeans... even though it is embarrassing to be wearing men's jeans. My last resort but it works.

Can your girls wear leggings/jeggings to school because they are almost universally prohibited in our school dress codes.
The jeggings I wear look almost identical to jeans. You are only really able to tell that they are, in fact jeggings if you tug at them to see how stretchy and soft they are. Would these still be a problem at your school? Because they technically are jeggings...

The jeggings I wear look almost identical to jeans. You are only really able to tell that they are, in fact jeggings if you tug at them to see how stretchy and soft they are. Would these still be a problem at your school? Because they technically are jeggings...

If they cling, they violate code.

Mine do too there pretty much jeans with stretch. We aren't allowed to wear leggings but everyone does anyway

My 11 YO DD, WILL only wear yoga pants or jeggings. She likes the aeropostale jeggings in size 00 or the justice brand in size 14. Neither look like leggings. I might have her try Guess jeans. Thanks for the heads up.

Yeah, we'd be in trouble if that was in DD's dress code! She wears a lot of jeggings, yoga and sweat pants..

blimy you lot are lucky !

School uniform here is fitted shirt, tie, jumper, blazer and skirt (one style only, knee length of lower) or tailored trousers. Plus PE kit is fitted shirt and Skort.

At the moment P&F is in primary and she can wear stretch trousers with an elasticated waist - I buy 11 year old and take about 4 inches out of the waist elastic. She is still in her age 5-6 school skirt, its just a lot shorter than when I bought it 5 years ago. I am dreading secondary in 12 months time

Reactions: COz
My job would be SO much easier if I didn't have to be the clothing police. I really wish we had uniforms. I get so tired of seeing cleavage and butt cracks and seeing kids come to school dressed as if they were homeless. I'm appalled that some kids find it acceptable to wear house slippers to school. And it's not just the low SE kids. I'm equally appalled on the day we induct into Beta club to see that girls now equate "dressing up" with going out clubbing. Stripper heels on a 16 year old??? Blech.

No yoga pants, leggings, jeggings, shorts made of denim and everything must be longer than the fingertips. No uniform either at our school.

Finding clothes for my girls has always been a nightmare. We often end up getting things tailored to fit as there is not a lot they can buy off the rack that fits,

I'm not a gymnast anymore but I do a lot of spin class... So I still have that problem. And as I hate wearing belts, and I have short legs, finding pants that fit is a nightmare. I've found that pants that fit me the best are the ones that don't have a button and a zipper. You know, the one you can just pull up and down.

^^Sometimes those work for DD, but sometimes not. She really wanted a pair of Under Armour stretchy/sweat pant type pants and I ordered them, but the waist is way too big (and not adjustable). Ugh.

Dd just got Under Armour pants, 2 different styles and they both work for her. Other than that I have to say most designer jeans do not. Only had luck w joes brand... Try them!!! She's worn everything from old navy to true religion.. She is a typical gymnast body(lean and muscular ) and Joe's are the only ones that fit her! And they're adjustable :)

We have entered this territory. Thankfully DD is still okay in jeans that have the elastic tabbies inside to make the waist tighter. But I know she prays for the day that skinny jeans aren't all bunched up at the top :(

Dd just got Under Armour pants, 2 different styles and they both work for her. Other than that I have to say most designer jeans do not. Only had luck w joes brand... Try them!!! She's worn everything from old navy to true religion.. She is a typical gymnast body(lean and muscular ) and Joe's are the only ones that fit her! And they're adjustable :)

Where do you get Joe's??

Going through this with my dd-because I'm new to juniors sizing, I found out that a 00 is basically a girl's size 12. That said, a lot of stores like Delia's, Aeropostale and American Eagle sell jeggings in 00 (in fact, Aeropostale has 000). Some of their styles are very stretchy...almost like knit. We also just found some Total Girl brand at JCPenney jeggings that are great-still have adjustable waists and they go to a girl's 14. Might be worth looking at-they were on display on tables, not with the regular jeans.

DD stopped wearing jeans as she doesnt like the feel of them (which kinds sucks cuz I had like 3 full drawers full of brand new jeans given to me). anyway. She is small in the waist but she has very long legs, which is hard to find things to fit. She can fit a size 6 waist, but they are not long enough. Size 7 is too big around the waist and barely make her ankles, so trying to find workable pants is very hard for me.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back