Parents TOPs state testing

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymnastca25

Proud Parent
How does the scoring work? Do you have to have near perfect scores to generally qualify for national testing? DD just completed testing and I have no idea how this works!

It depends on her age..Did she do skills and physical abilities? The format seems to be different this year.. Last year it was out of 200.. I had girls scoring in the 180s at every test that made it to Nationals and then making A and B..

9 year old. She only did beam skills and strength. But, I am curious for her teammate who did all skills. Is there a score sheet? We are curious how the points are determined.

There is a score sheet on the USA gymnastics TOPs page which could help you get an idea. I would love to know what a "good score" is this year. I never can seem to figure out how it is calculated.

My understanding is USAG will rank each age group by their score and then invite the top 100 from each age group (8, 9, and 10). Then the score is weighted 40% on strength stuff and 60% on skills. Our coach has told us to top out on strength and he would like to see us get 60 out of the 72 points on skills because we don't know what everyone else is doing. Is this over-reaching? I have no idea, but that is what we are trying to get...

I finally got the scoring figured out from last year and then I heard it switched up again this year!!! DD (8yo tester) scored 58.5/62 on PA & 68/72 on skills, so far. One more test to go......

I finally got the scoring figured out from last year and then I heard it switched up again this year!!! DD (8yo tester) scored 58.5/62 on PA & 68/72 on skills, so far. One more test to go......
How did you score the rope climb?

This year we got her score card. 12.5 secs=6.5 points.
I thought that certain physical abilities (for example rope climb) would not have points calculated until everyone finished testing in early August. Then, points would be calculated based upon how everyone in that age group did nationwide. Have they changed the process?

I thought that certain physical abilities (for example rope climb) would not have points calculated until everyone finished testing in early August. Then, points would be calculated based upon how everyone in that age group did nationwide. Have they changed the process?
I believe so..... This is a photo of her actual score card for HS hold and rope climb.
ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1405963494.305729.jpg

I heard from our state manager that today across the country Kim Riley confirmed there were 500 kids testing.. I think whatever average they have may be altered after today

I heard from our state manager that today across the country Kim Riley confirmed there were 500 kids testing.. I think whatever average they have may be altered after today

And there are gyms testing next weekend. I am sure the average will be going up as well. :confused: (I don't know what emotion this is, but it suits me about now.)

Our coach has yet to share scores with us. Today was the last testing and I guess all the girls had improvements.

We had our last one too.. It was an improvement as well.. which as a coach is what Im looking for.. Our conditioning today was all maxed out., except kicks where are lowest was a 32 and our highest of the 5 was a 35/36

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back