WAG Commonwealth Games 2014!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Woo fell once and the rest was just rough. Missed hs, bent legs etc etc.

There is lots of low difficulty, many L9 type routines scored with FIG elite code.

The best teams are the top 6, and lots of those teams had a rough day.

The odd two events today and two events tomorrow format is very bizarre and a bit jarring. Also have only two teams in each subdivision means that there really is no break for the girls. The stadium was packed and most of the girls are just not used to those conditions.

I love that the parasports are integrated into the main program.

I remember at the olympics thinking there were relatively few US or Australian para athletes and, considering they are such big sporting nations, they don't seem to share the success of countries such as the UK and Netherlands.

Australia came fifth in the medal tally at the London Paralympics (behind China, GBR, Russia and Ukraine) and were the fifth largest team. This seems roughly compatible with our regular Olympic participation where in London we had the fourth largest team but ended up 10th in the medal tally.

Loved the Red-headed Aussie girl, she was so up-beat

Olivia Vivian is marvellous, listening to her being interviewed is always fun. She did four years of college gymnastics after Beijing, then broke her back after she started training for her comeback, spent months pretty much lying on her back unable to do anything, and was told she'd never compete again. I was so happy when she was selected because I really think she adds something to the sport.

ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1406623239.617433.jpg

New schedule for today dd is excited !!

Speaking of the coverage, I was very pleased that on channel 5 on Tuesday night that the coverage was 3 hours full of the Team final and floor and beam Qualifcations. It was great to watch!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back