WAG How is your gymmie built?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

How is your gymmie built?

Younger DD is pretty much the average little gymnast. Tiny, skinny and pretty lean.

My older DD had a weird build when she trained 22 hours a ween. She had very skinny legs, narrow hips and a pretty small butt. But her shoulders and arms were very big. She almost looked like a swimmer! I guess she just puts on weight on her upper body, that's why you couldn't see a sixpack on her abs, although they were steel!

What about your gymmies? And do you think a gymnast can be too skinny or too heavy?

ODD is tall and lean. She is about 5'4 and 95lbs and has unusually long limbs- so she is all arms and legs. She has clear muscle definition in her arms, legs, abs, and back. Everyone says she looks like a ballerina. YDD is more solid. She is about 5' and 115lbs. She only has muscle definition in her legs. Neither look like the "typical" gymnast, both are strong and flexible, albeit strong in different areas. I think gymnastics can come in tall, short, thin, heavy. It's all about the training, dedication, and strength.

Short and stubby! I am 5'1 and on the chubbier side but would decently not get called fat.

My DD gymmie is nearly 8 and is petite and lean. She was beautiful to watch when it comes to the beam and floor because she has that dancer's flair.

I've seen gymnasts of all body types and sizes so I guess there isn't a stereotype.

DD is long and lean. Wide strong shoulders with crazy muscle definition in her back. Very narrow hips and legs. Her teammates run the gamut from short to tall, lean to stocky.

My dd is teeny tiny she is almost five and she finally hit 29 pounds and 36 in. and this is after a recent growth spurt. She stays the same weight and height for about a year and then grows all of sudden.

DD is 7.5(she'd be mad if I left off the .5) She is lean and looks tall in a leo because of her long legs, but is nearly the shortest on team(and this is including some 5 yr olds). She has great muscle definition and will make a beautiful gymnast, if she ever figures out proper form lol

My older dd is 16 is very muscular but not a whole lot of definition. Muscular legs and broad shoulders smaller waist.

Younger dd is 7 she is very tiny only weighs 37 lbs very muscular with a lot if definition, back muscles, leg muscles, abs, but I think it helps that she is also very thin, we like to joke that she could go on a mcdonalds diet and still gain no weight.

ODD is tall and lean. She is about 5'4 and 95lbs and has unusually long limbs- so she is all arms and legs. She has clear muscle definition in her arms, legs, abs, and back. Everyone says she looks like a ballerina. QUOTE]

Ditto for Pea..long, lean and all monkey arms and knobby knees. Wicked definition, but mostly due to lack of any padding! Her group is all over the place body and size wise.

Mine is long and lean. Not really tall for her age, at 4'9" and 11 but has well defined arm and back muscles.

Body types at our gym are all over from short and stocky to really tall and lean.

My dd is about average height for her age (46 1/2 inches at 6 1/2 years old), but is definitely thin but strong and muscular. She's the type that has been climbing trees (and poles and ropes) since she was 3 and hasn't met a sport that she isn't good at yet. Makes me jealous! ;)

Mine is tall and thin (small boned). She's 7, 4'3" and 57lbs. DD is one of the youngest, and almost the tallest on her team. Most of her muscle definition is in her abs, not really in her arms or legs.

Mine is pretty proportionate, great muscle tone & definition (has been like that since she was a toddler)

At age 9 she is the shortest in her class at school, but in the middle at the gym for girls her age and level. She is short, but not petite in bone structure. 60 lbs, 50 inches and all muscle. The muscles are defined on her abdomen, arms and her legs are solid, but you can't see the definition on them. More the Shawn than the Nastia.

My youngest dd (7) weighs around 35 lbs and is around 115cm tall, she has longish legs and arms and a short body. Dd started serious gymnastics training 7 months ago and has got a small 6 pack and muscles shoulders and upper back, she hasn't really got much definition to her upper arms but has started to get definition in her thighs.

My oldest dd (10) weights around 35lbs and is 109.5cm tall, she has short arms and legs and has no definition to her arms or legs and hasn't got a six pack, she has started to thin out. Dd's training is not as intense as her younger sisters as she is in a disability group.

My gymmie is solid.Runs on the shorter side of the group,but that could change.Blond hair, big smile.She reminds me of Shawn Johnson.:)

Mine is short and lean. Gymnasts come in all size though (the classic Nastia v. Shawn comparison).

Especially parents of little ones (7 or 8 or so) though -- I wouldn't focus too much on body shape. I've seen some pretty big changes once puberty starts and I worry about girls that transition from the slender pixies to a more womanly shape if it's emphasized too much.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back