WAG How is your gymmie built?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My daughter is 8 years and 5 months old. She is 4 foot 3 inches and 56 pounds. Very muscley and that gymnasty look of narrow hips and wider shoulders.

OG - 12-1/2 years old... 5'3" tall about 105-110 lbs of solid muscle, long, lean legs, no booty... still wears girls size 10/12 tank tops (but also likes Jr cut XS Aero and A&F tees). Wears girls size 12 shorts. Junior 0 or 00 jeans and jeggings. Size 10/12 2 piece swimsuits. Size AM Leotards.

YG - 9-1/2 years old. 4'9" tall and about 80 lbs of muscle, sway back makes it look like she has a booty, but not really... comfortably wears size 5/6 shorts and tank tops, but likes more length on tees so size 10/12 for them. In jeans, she is a size 7 or 8 or 10 slim, depending on brand. Still fits into her size 4T and 5T and 6/6X 2 piece swimsuits. Size AXS to AS Leotards.

I'm 18 and 5'3" according to my driver's license. I REALLY hope I haven't grown since, I adore being shortish.
I have wide shoulders and a booty. I think I'm on the heavier side, which is genetic, but I wouldn't be called fat.

My daughter just turned 8. Definitely a more muscular build. She's the youngest and shortest on her team. Many of the other girls are longer, leaner. For as tiny as she is though, she has a butt. Not a common sight in our gym

Petite and lean. She really makes dance moves look elegant. 11, 4'9", 65 lbs of solid muscle. If she flexes, you can see an 8 pack and definite arm muscles. She's been in the gym a LOT this summer!

I'm new here and I don't want to offend anyone but am I the only person who is uncomfortable with this thread? For the most part this is about little gymmies. How your gymmie is built?!

I'm old so I'm probably irrelevant, but I've seen so much with gym so take what I say with a grain of salt! I'm so old school! All the little ones are short and strong. This thread, in my humble opinion is straight up weird! Builds? At 6 and 7 years old. Yikes!!!!!!

Weight and height???!!! OMG!!!! I think I'll be kicked off chalk bucket. This creeps me out.

I have actually neither asked for weight or height nor told it of my kids. I would never ask something like that! I was just curious, as most little girls seem to be tinx and lean but some are really muscular etc...
I was also interested in how it changed during puberty....but in no way I wanted to be offensive or get any weights... this just developed during the thread!

Tiny, petite, lean, youngest and shortest ( of course!) I'm a little nauseated. What?????!!!! Please, someone convince me not to leave.

Tiny, petite, lean, youngest and shortest ( of course!) I'm a little nauseated. What?????!!!! Please, someone convince me not to leave.

I have no idea what my dd weighs, I struggle to even remember her shoe size and only know her height due to car seat regulations.

That said, in a sport where there can sometimes be (rightly or wrongly) pre-conceived ideas on what sizes and builds excel at what aspects of gymnastics, I can see why some might find body shapes of interest.

I'm sure posters intentions are not to have you "nauseated" but I really don't see why people shouldn't feel free to share if they so wish. There will always be plenty on a forum to agree or disagree with - that's the beauty of it.

Not you proud mom! All the other crazy " statistics" of height and weight of tiny girls. You are not offensive. Not at all.

Oh ok, sorry for my misunderstanding!

In my opinion, shape doesn't really matter in gymnastics. Of course, skinny lean gymnasts might have an easier game with press handstands and powerful ones with big quads might be more explosive...but these are so tiny things, I think they don't really matter! Even in the Olypmics the girls have different shapes. So anyone can be a good gymnast - what counts is hard work, determination and love for the sport!

If you had asked me a year ago, I would have said like a muscular brick. But in the last year, she has really become more long and lean. Still very strong and muscular, but instead of looking like a compact powerhouse she now has more of a dancer's body. Although she has huge quads like her daddy still.

I think this thread just shows that there are gymnasts of all shapes and sizes. If you don't feel comfortable sharing, then don't.

My 12 yo is very small for her age. I'd say she is more Nastia than Shawn in build.

I don't see anything wrong with a factual conversation about body types. It is probably good for the little endomorph to know that she will never have that Ectomorph body she admires, but she can then embrace the benefits of her body type and look for another endomorph to look up to and admire. Sometimes I think western society makes body issues worse because we treat it as a completely taboo topic.

Sorry if my response seemed an over share, but I don't see the big deal. I also don't know how one does not know their child's height and weight? It's the first two things measured and told at every single doctors appointment. I respect that maybe people feel disclosure of such is not appropriate (I disagree), but to me the thread went off the rails when people perceived innocent curiously maliciously.

My daughter so far has a long lean build. Don't get me wrong she has the muscles too but she isn't a stocky little powerhouse like some of the girls. I think she looks more like a "typical" dancer than a "typical" gymnast. Only time will tell... :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back