WAG 1 level per year

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mOm2gymnast<3

Coach
Proud Parent
Is this normal? Our gym only do move ups when the current year is over.

I'm even hesitant to ask the HC if scoring out a level is possible. My dd has all skills for lv4 and is really close to getting her kip. She wants to go to lv4.

It's far better than packing kids into L3-L5 and having them repeat one or more levels. This is common practice at gyms that want to dominate the lower levels while slighting kids who want to work toward L9 or L10.

If your child is given work that prepares her beyond her competition leve, and it seems she has, then enjoy her progress and the results that come during L3 competition.

Well, if she doesn't yet have her kip, then she is missing one of the biggest skills for L4. Depending on when season is, she may or may not be a good candidate to do L4... Just because they "have" most of the skills doesn't mean they are up to competition standard. Of course it could very well be that she would get and perfect her kip in no time and be able to compete L4 just fine, but her coaches would be much better judges of that. :) I would trust them to have her compete the level she has the chance of being most successful at. Just because a child wants to be a certain level doesn't mean it's the most appropriate level for them. ;)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back