WAG How does your gym recognize/celebrate those who get scholarships?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

htimcj

Proud Parent
DD gym doesn't do anything really. No sign or announcement. The gym DD did a camp at this summer had banners for everyone who received a scholarship (or made it to state/regionals/nationals).

How does your gym do it?

Our level 10 who got a college scholarship got a party at our gym and interviewed by the local press. She has several banners at the gym for making Nationals the last 3 years.

We only just joined our current gym. But it appears as if they had a signing party and press involved with the scholarship gymnasts. Many of the girls have t-shirts for the school she will be attending. I am not sure who supplied those.

Our gym does banners for scholarship gymnasts. They also have a signing party for them when they officially sign.
Same with our gym. Crazy to not recognize them. Banner + a cake costs what? $100? The gymnast has worked SO HARD to get to that point, plus it's inspiring for the younger gymnasts and it's a real feather in the gym's cap. You can't buy that kind of publicity!

We do a senior gift and a get a special part in our team video but we have never done anything in particular for those who have gotten scholarships. We had two two years ago and will have one this coming year. I think it is time we did a bit more :)

We have a signing party where every single person in the gym at that time (even if you are in the middle of workout) will come sit on the floor and hear speeches from the head coach and the gymnast and her parents. Then, everyone gets cake and usually asks the gymnast to sign their grips, leos, and grip bags. They also get a banner. It's really great and a good experience for everyone!

We have a signing party with cake and decorations in the team colors.
all team parents are invited to attend. The collegiate flag is hung up in the gym.

I don't think we do anything. Also I don't think we've had one.

We get banners for graduating seniors that have received a scholarship and those that have chosen a university. So even though I am only a level 9 I graduated high school still doing gymnastics so I got a banner. We also have a small party after the official signing in the gym for the seniors that get scholarships.

We also get banners for 1st place on events and all-around at state, regional, and national meets. In the past two years we've also gotten banners for 2nd and 3rd place at such meets, but head coach says that's ending this coming season. Only 1st places get banners now.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back