*Brag* The kip has been made!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

RisingGymnast

Coach
Gymnast
So tonight, I did my kip!

I really don't want to sound snotty, but the first time I did it, it was practically perfect. I had straight arms and it felt so effortless. I've had the strength for a while it was about timing for such a long time. The second and third time were not as clean and I had to bend my arms. But I'm still happy.

It was everything I imagined! Big cheers and big hugs! I didn't imagine me being so surprised though! I was so shocked I asked to sit down! My coach had tears in her eyes!

In the 4 weeks that I've been at this gym, I have gotten a lot better. Everything is clicking. So if you're debating a switch, or trying to get over a gym closing, let me say that it gets better and that sometimes you will find gyms that are even better for you.

Congrats! The kip can be SO hard to get. Cool that you have straight arms!

Thank you! Yeah it took me over a year but I don't anticipate to have it consistently just yet. I have heard it comes and goes. I'm just glad it came for the first few times!

I've done mine before, but then I lost it. Now I'm practically there.

Pre team and I'm trying to move up to level 3 in December.

I'm a level 9 gymnast who has things like full pirouettes on high bar blind changes vault catch ect and the skill that took me the longest was a kip so glad you got over that hurdle. The thing about a kip is the
More you do it the less effort it takes. Now I can do a mixed grip kip cast handstand. And a kip from basically dead hang. And it's only 3 years since I've gotten it.

OMG congrats! Now that you have your kip you can start training "real skills" like freehips and kip cast2HS. I remember when I got my kip I was so excited to work higher level skills.

Oh congrats! I took a while to get my kip too so I know it can be a real struggle. Nice :)

Yayyy! Same way for me... First one was perfect! But then I struggled for months lol

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back