Parents Advice about a coach needed please..

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So, if my DD ran out of practice, and coach saw her sitting with me, coach would know something was wrong and her concern would be DD's health, NOT pulling me into a meeting. She would probably walk over to check on DD, not bust her. Sure, at some point in the future coach may remind DD she needs to let her know if she is not well.

And that would be the end of it at our gym :)

Take your DD to gym well fed, send her in, when she is out feed and water her. If she wants to let you know stuff that's great. I've given up quizzing. Gymnastics is too much of an emotional roller coaster to get too involved. Skills come and goes. Fear comes and goes. If you get too involved it can just prolong the agony and makes it worse. If you trust the coaches then there is no need to get too involved, that is the route to madness.

That is exactly how it has been in the past on the odd occasion, this time for some reason the coach pulled us in for it, maybe the coach was having an off day (shrugs shoulders) but from what was said in the meeting all the girls have been told to raise their game on beam (nothing to do with what we were pulled in for but the coach mentioned it in the meeting), I think the coach has been getting pressure from the head coach and unfortunately transferred this to the meeting, I can understand that as the coach is only human.

This has been a good turning point in the long term and I hope that dd learns from this, it will help dd become more independent in gymnastics if she leaves me alone during practice during the times I have to be there.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back