WAG Unitard update

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Not sure. My girls are total newbies. I don't know how many have ever even seen a meet before. It will be cheaper without a design on the shorts. I personally like the design on the shorts but I can be convinced.

I love your design and your colors you've chosen. I also like that they legs are pretty short on the unitard. It is, indeed, a really nice, modern look.

I hope they go over well!

It does look nice and the colors are great. Very different and will stand out in a sea of pink and purple.

Good luck!

Those are much prettier than the unitards I used to row in!

Just out of curiosity, I wonder if they have variable sizing options- eg L top and M bottom? That made the unitards much more comfy. I guess it's more of an issue for developed women... ;)

Those are much prettier than the unitards I used to row in!

Just out of curiosity, I wonder if they have variable sizing options- eg L top and M bottom? That made the unitards much more comfy. I guess it's more of an issue for developed women... ;)
Snowflake is awesome about customizing if a girl doesn't fit the size chart. If the girl doesn't fit the "mold" then you give them her measurements and they will customize it.
We have a girl on our team that has a long torso, but she only has a 20 inch waist... Her chest, waist and hips are all in the CM size range, but her torso is in the AXS, almost AS ... so she has ordered a CM with an extra long torso. I also know girls that are the opposite - torso is the smallest measurement and all other measurements are 2-3 sizes bigger.

Just my two cents-since the concept of a biketard is so new, I would consider starting off with the first picture that has less detail on the bottom. The second picture with the details on the leg makes it REALLY look like a biketard/unitard. The first picture can almost pass for a regular leo, which is what most judges/spectators expect. Maybe that doesn't matter-but it might make the girls feel like the are blending in more???

I agree with this, I know you liked the leg design but I think it looks better without as it doesn't draw attention to the different shape of the leg. I would go for the arm swirls and leave the bottom part plain. The first picture really does almost pass for a normal leotard, and I would also just call them leotards as well. I would think of them as just like the way you can get 'boy-leg' swimsuits, etc.

Did you find warm ups and bags to go with their fancy new uniforms?

ETA: I still think you could call them leo's with a boy short leg or something. Unitards makes me think of full length legs. The way your look I could see them on a compulsory team or an exhibition team. I still can't see them for high level optionals but maybe someday.

Did you find warm ups and bags to go with their fancy new uniforms?

ETA: I still think you could call them leo's with a boy short leg or something. Unitards makes me think of full length legs. The way your look I could see them on a compulsory team or an exhibition team. I still can't see them for high level optionals but maybe someday.
Boy cut leo. Sounds good. Incidentally, on the boys end of things, their singlets (some people call them leos, too) are either "traditional cut" like a girls leo or "boy cut" like these biketards with shorts.

These are cute!

FWIW, my little dd says that the biketards are constantly riding up and need tugged down even more than regular leotards. I would definitely give the girls plenty of time to get used to he feeling.

Sorry to drag up an old thread but I was reminded of it yesterday whilst watching the youth Olympic Games. Both gymnasts from Iraq and Qatar wore unitards/bike-tards. They both looked ok. I even only noticed the one from Qatar on her 3rd rotation it was that well disguised. The other was more obvious but only because it was too big for the gymnast.

Have yours arrived yet? How do the girls like them?

I really liked the Qatari one! Very blingy and pretty. You didn't really notice the short legs. I am not saying I would want them for everyone but I definitely preferred it to the very high cut knicker and butt showing ones that seem to be prevelant at US Classics.

I was also reminded of this thread when watching Chinese nationals this week. I didn't see a single leotard that was uncomfortably high cut or riding up. No underwear showing. I think wearing a size too small is as much an issue as the cut if I am honest.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back