WAG Help - How to size/buy cheetah cups

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mom2twingymnasts

Proud Parent
My daughter was diagnosed with tendinitis in her Achilles and severs in her right foot. She is in a boot for 2 to 4 weeks and then will need cheetah cups when she returns to tumbling. Do the cups come individually or as a pair? Will she wear them on both feet? How do I know what size to get?

My girl has a pair - she wears roughly a girls size 4.5/ladies size 5.5-6 in shoes and has the "XS" size slip-on cheetahs. She has a really narrow foot so it's not a perfect fit but it does really help her. The ones we got came as a single so we had to buy two since she wears them on both feet. But, our package came with an extra loose heel cup (no ankle "brace") to put in regular shoes, so that was a bonus. The ones we got slip on and it's a learning curve to figure out how to get them on quickly because they are pretty snug. There's a girl at our gym that has a version that has Velcro straps over the top, so they look potentially easier to get on but are otherwise the same. Hope that helps!

My daughter had the same problem, but cheetah cups didn't help. The only thing that seemed to support her foot the right way was a special tape job using stretchy athletic tape where the tape sort of acted as an artificial achilles. Kind of hard to explain, but it helped. Also, she tried to be diligent about stretching her achilles (you can look up achilles stretches on line) at least three times a day and doing epsom salt soaks. Nothing really fixed the problem, but those things offered a bit of relief.

Thanks for the help!

@gymama Did you do the epsom salt soaks in ice water or warm water?
Very warm water--either in a bath or just her foot in an igloo cooler. And, when she remembered, she would stretch her achilles right after, while they were warm. Also, when necessary, we would roll on Biofreeze, but the relief was super temporary. A lot of people say to ice them, but dd couldn't tell that that helped. Oh, and she wore shoes with really good arch support all the time except in gym.

They are kinda a pain to get on but they do help. Also make sure she is wearing gel cups in her tennis shoes once she is out of the boot. When it was really bad for my DD, she sometimes tumbles/ran in her tennis shoes instead of bare footed! It is a temporary thing and will pass with time.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back