WAG US Championships

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Yeah....I don't like the split screen without the option to click one and watch that. Also weird to watch with no sound, but I'm happy they have streaming at all, so I'll take what I can get!

Can someone tell me what "podium training" is?

Very simply it is when the gymnast train on the actual competition equipment that is on an elevated podium. Some meets they might warm up in a separate gym space.

Podium training is very good for the gymnasts as they get the actual feel of the equipment, plus the podium feels a bit different than a regular gym floor.

Very simply it is when the gymnast train on the actual competition equipment that is on an elevated podium. Some meets they might warm up in a separate gym space.

Podium training is very good for the gymnasts as they get the actual feel of the equipment, plus the podium feels a bit different than a regular gym floor.

Thank you!

Just saw Rachel Gowey injured her ankle today and will not be competing.
...And the senior field grows smaller.

I am disappointed though, I was excited to watch her compete!

So/

So sad! She was one of my favorites to watch. Holding out hope now for Soza to stay healthy. I hope she rocks this thing.

Big disappointment. I hope she recovers in time to qualify for worlds through a camp. I really think she is one of our best seniors, not counting Simone who no one comes near.

I just read that Marta said that Rachel Gowey will not be recovered in time for worlds. Huge, huge disappointment.

Has anyone attended championships in the past?
Does anyone have an estimate of how late the second session will last. When do you expect people will be leaving at the end of the night? (I did see something about a fireworks display after)

The sessions usually last a couple of hours, but with the senior session so small, I'm guessing it won't be as long.

Bummer about Gowey...I like her style. Am I crazy or does she seem a bit injury prone...I mean comparatively speaking of course.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back