Parents Heel pain

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gwenmom

Proud Parent
8 year old DD just started complaining of heel pain this week. We are heading to the doctor for something else and plan to mention it. Should I ask about Severs?

I took my DD in for heel pain and it turned out to be Severs. They did go ahead and do an X-ray to make sure that it wasn't fractured. MD recommended wearing a cheetah cup and that helped. She did say that if we saw swelling, we needed to make another appointment.

My dancer DD has PF. It has been ongoing for the past 18mo or so... Aggravated by running, so she does as little of that as possible. When it flares up, she uses a rubber roller (frozen) to massage her arch and arch supports like these: http://www.walmart.com/ip/3-Point-Products-Arch-Lift-Plantar-Arch-Brace-in-Beige/24411295 She also uses an anti-inflammatory cream on it when it's bad. Luckily for her, it doesn't flare up too much as long as she is careful about too much walking or running.... Dancing, even en pointe, doesn't seem to aggravate it. Everyone is different of course, just sharing that it may be quite a long healing process and may flare up again even after you think it's good. :)

My dancer DD has PF. It has been ongoing for the past 18mo or so... Aggravated by running, so she does as little of that as possible. When it flares up, she uses a rubber roller (frozen) to massage her arch and arch supports like these: http://www.walmart.com/ip/3-Point-Products-Arch-Lift-Plantar-Arch-Brace-in-Beige/24411295 She also uses an anti-inflammatory cream on it when it's bad. Luckily for her, it doesn't flare up too much as long as she is careful about too much walking or running.... Dancing, even en pointe, doesn't seem to aggravate it. Everyone is different of course, just sharing that it may be quite a long healing process and may flare up again even after you think it's good. :)
Thanks so much!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back