WAG Should I rejoin gymnastics?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

R

raenndiva2009

Should I rejoin gymnastics? My non gym\cheer friends say I should go back in. Obviously I love gymnastics and I still have a passion for it but it just takes up so much of my schedule. Especially with school starting up again it will just get busier. With cheer, I can go there with my cheer friends (who go to my school by the way) and it is so much fun and way less busy. But I love gymnastics and I want to go back, I'm just not sure. Any help?

Make a pros and cons list, and don't allow yourself to regret whatever you decide. Gymnastics doesn't last forever, and if you're happy doing what you're doing, why go back? On the other hand, YOLO. Lol. It seems that you only have so long to seriously pursue gymnastics, so this may be your chance.
Can you possibly go back part time for a bit and just see how it goes? Sometimes getting your feet wet is the best way to make a good decision.

Yeah sure I'll do both for a while and see how it goes. Also the funny thing is I put my signature right before I read this.

Why don't you try doing a rec. class once a week or a tumbling class. it sounds like you have a lot on your plate and don't want to commit to countless hours to be on team. Do this for a while and if you really feel the pull and want to give up some of the other things for gymnastics again go for it.

Maybe but I would find rec boring as I still have most of my skills (my friend took me to an open gym and I did stuff) but I would find it really boring.

Rec doesn't have to mean beginner or crappy, it just means non-competitive. Is there an advanced rec or older (teens-adults) class you could do?

No I realize not all of them are crappy. Just the gyms around here only offer rec classes for levels 1 and 2. I was referring to my gym ans the gyms around here I have been to before. Yeah there aren't any rec classes above level 2 (there is competitive level 2 but it would be way too easy). So there aren't any advanced classes.

Update: I have decided to stay in gymnastics throughout meet season. (I will still do cheer.) Reason is first of all, I already paid for my team leo a while back, and it is a brand new one and it is very expensive. Also I feel like I should see how busy it is with school and gymnastics as well as cheer without jumping to conclusions saying it will be too busy when it may not be. Thanks :) I also want to go by my signature :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back