WAG Strained Groin?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Dd has been complaining about pain on the inside of her thigh/ hip area near the crotch. She thinks she hurt it while doing a kip (she does a pike kip, if that has anything to do with it). It hurts now when she does kips, leg lifts, v ups or anything similar to those. I looked online and it seems to me that she has pulled her groin muscle. I made an appointment with the ortho today but he can't fit her in until next week. I was wondering what she could do until the appointment. We've been icing it and she stopped doing everything in the gym that hurts. Also if anyone has dealt with this, about how long was recovery time for you?

Thanks for your help in advance!

I recently had a strain in my groin area that caused pain doing anything, including walking. But since there are so many different muscles/tendons/ligaments in the groin area I would go get it checked out to make sure it isn't something serious.

A teammate had this, in her case it was a hamstring strain. Wraps, ointment, anti inflammatory, ice, ultrasound, and letting it rest a while were her instructions. Could be something more severe though such as a tear, so a doc visit is really needed with xray. Good luck.

Super common on kips with girls that haven't had specific conditioning to battle proactively that sort of injury. Very painful, and looking at usually a 4-6 week recovery. As it gets better, hopefully your coach will start giving you exercises that will help prevent that from ever happening again. Good luck with it, and let us know how it turns out. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back